Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    heh
    LOL

Wish I could say otherwise but I was TIRED. And we flew out the morning after EARLY.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. anti-shark cage?

Im the youngest looking one here by a mile lol.

But anyway....HEY DALE!!!
    HIEEEE!!!

Name:  georgia-braves-mccann1.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  22.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

3. Registered User

Nah, I'm the youngest looking one here... maybe because I'm the youngest. Or who knows, I don't. Anyway, it often gets me by surprise because it's just some particular places. I can go here and there for a couple of weeks and then suddenly I'm carded because the nice lady thinks I'm under 25. But that's a compliment. Also funny, since those "nice ladies" are cashier etc. girls and mostly probably around 10 years younger than me... I think they just want my name so they can stalk me on the internet.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post

HIEEEE!!!

Loved McCann during his time in Houston! Not a fan of that goatee. Talk about looking ten years younger. He needs to grow the full beard again.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

5. so it goes, bros.

6. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsIt View Post
    Nah, I'm the youngest looking one here... maybe because I'm the youngest. Or who knows, I don't. Anyway, it often gets me by surprise because it's just some particular places. I can go here and there for a couple of weeks and then suddenly I'm carded because the nice lady thinks I'm under 25. But that's a compliment. Also funny, since those "nice ladies" are cashier etc. girls and mostly probably around 10 years younger than me... I think they just want my name so they can stalk me on the internet.
    I'll go with 'don't' even tho I don't know you or what you look like.
    I get carded for lighters at grocery stores dude.
    So whats your name?

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Loved McCann during his time in Houston! Not a fan of that goatee. Talk about looking ten years younger. He needs to grow the full beard again.
    He's a great guy to have on a team regardless of how he's playing.

Quote Originally Posted by cezegg View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 11.23.21 PM.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  47.7 KB
    Last edited by Quint; 06-15-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

7. Registered User

I'll go with 'don't' even tho I don't know you or what you look like.
    I get carded for lighters at grocery stores dude.
    So whats your name?
    Brian, Brian McGee.

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

HIEEEE!!!

Ugh. I can’t stand Kapler as the Phillies manager.

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    You're thin like me. That and a baby face is a rough way to go in such a " macho " world. At least you're tall. I'm 5'9 and 150 lbs, soaking wet.

Similar situation for me: ki was at a bar infamous for serving minors. I try to place an order and was told " you have to go to the back bar!" I'm like What? Yeah, go to the back bar!

So I say " Oh, because you think I'm a minor. No I'm legal age, I'll take my drink here!"

I have a history with the bar owner anyway. He's a backward redneck racist and I like'd to be an ******* every time I was around him.

This was the place I played one night and a guy that was with our singer got stabbed in the parking lot.

He didn't die, but we later found out that he, our singer and the whole crowd they ran with were a bunch of meth making, meth heads. So had he died, no great loss. Seriously, they still stir the pot and thief from folks.
    Iíve put on a little more weight since then, but I was 6í 1Ē 153 until I got 10 pounds of sympathy weight when my wife was pregnant. Now Iím 170 and could lose 5-10pds considering I never had an ounce of muscle on my body.

10. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Ugh. I can’t stand Kapler as the Phillies manager.
    I've been following the Phils lately. Is there some new rule that you can't barrel through the catcher when he blocks home plate? Last night, Kingery almost injured himself trying to score around the Braves' catcher, when he should've sent the catcher into the on deck circle.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I've been following the Phils lately. Is there some new rule that you can't barrel through the catcher when he blocks home plate? Last night, Kingery almost injured himself trying to score around the Braves' catcher, when he should've sent the catcher into the on deck circle.
    Yes, there is. The onus has been put on the runner to get around the catcher.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

So if ya'll haven't heard all the scoop on the St.Louis Blues, here's some.

1. They won their first ever Stanley Cup.

2. The last time they played for the cup was 49 years ago. 1970. The year of my birth.

3. It was against the Boston Bruins.

4. The Bruins swept the series with the game winning goal by Bobby Orr.

5. Bobby Orr's goal is known as " The Goal" because of the picture of him flying through the air in celebration after the fact.

6. This season the Blues were in last place in the league in January. WORST IN THE LEAGUE!

7 the Blues organization fired head coach Mike Yeo and hired interim coach Craig " Chief " Berube.

8. New Coach Craig Berube called up rookie goalie Jordan Binnington from the minors replacing struggling, starting goalie Jake Allen.

9. The Blues went on an 11 game winning streak.

10. The Blues went from last place to earning a spot in the play offs.

11. They beat the Winnipeg Jets in the first round. The Dallas Stars in the second round. The San Jose Sharks in the third round.

12. 49 years later they faced off once again with the Boston Bruins.

13. The Blues defeated the Bruins in game seven at Boston Gardens to make me one happy Blues fan.

14. I know it's just sport and I'm not super fan boy, but a dedicated fan, none the least. I've been following the since 1982, with the urging " you should check them out " from my 6th grade history teacher.
    That was when there where like 12 televised games per year.

Cable television was new. I don't think SportCenter existed yet and if they were around, we couldn't afford either.

It's been a long wait and it's finally over. Now I'm just ready for more hockey.

It's been a Cinderella season and I'm quite happy! Even though we are flooded in and couldn't participate in the festivities, it's been fun!