Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 128 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,525 to 1,536 of 1914
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    London's lockdown is beginning. At 5pm GMT Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that he's forcibly closing all social and hospitality businesses, inc pubs, bars, clubs, restaurants, cafes, leisure centres, etc. This is because we're stupid and didn't listen. When social distancing was announced last week or whenever it was, we didn't listen. We still went to bars and clubs, we still used the subway, we still went to eat out, we still went to the West End to see musicals and we still went to the cinemas. We behaved like children that refused to stop playing with our ball when asked to. Now we're having our ball taken away from us.

People are so dumb.
    Our parks are still full of parents and children mingling well within 6'. A******s. Hope they all Darwin themselves.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Registered User

All of those spring breakers should've been quarantined right on the Florida beach. Not make them leave. Make them stay.

If any of you view FB, there's a whole gambit of idiots. The " it's not that bad " idiots. The " it's trumps fault " idiots. The " thanks Obama " idiots. The " toilet paper " idiots. The " only god can save us " idiots. The " funny death meme " idiots. The " I'm gonna shoot you and steal your food " idiots. The " man made conspiracy " idiots. And just the plain old " complete idiot " idiots.

I'd like to think all will be fine, but if the mortality rate starts to soar, we will have complete lawlessness.

Stay safe everyone. I'd like to say now that it's been fun hanging out with you all over the past years. I want to stay optimistic about me, my family and friends future but I just don't know. And now I've become a " doomsday " idiot. But I reluctantly attended my nieces wedding 7 days ago and now have a " cold". Hope that's all it is but who knows.

Life is both beautiful and tragic.

3. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by doomonyou View Post
    So I’m a 30 year paramedic and 10 year ED/ICU nurse. Also a little of the “prepper” sort.

No idea on the toilet paper mentality. And in my neck of the woods, Mountain Dew and chips are flying off the shelves just as fast.
    I’d say stock upon otc meds, get your prescription meds filled, some bottled water, canned goods, simple things.
    Everyone wants hand sanitizer yet no one buys the towelette style wet wipes hand sanitizer.

From the medical side, I’ve been elbows and knees deep in some nasty stuff in my time. Honestly I’m not afraid of this.
    The level of self entitlement we have bred into people is now starting to show. People coming the the ED and lying about medical complaints just to try and get tested. Luckily now we can call their B.S. and tell them no. You don’t meet criteria see ya.

And as quick sticks said, how many people have a thousand dollars cash on hand and can make it last? My investments are taking a beating and may take years to recover. But I have plenty of cash on hand. Lot of people that live check to check do to no financial responsibility are really going to feel it soon.

Stay clean and safe
    There was a time in my life when I lived paycheck to paycheck. Most young people do. What’s going to happen when their money quickly runs out and they have rent or mortgage payments, car payments, and student loans. Will their cars be repossessed? Will banks foreclose on their mortgages? There will soon be many people in dire straights because of something out of their control. Our government needs to act quickly to make sure that families aren’t destroyed by this. People need assurances that loans will be deferred.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    There was a time in my life when I lived paycheck to paycheck. Most young people do. What’s going to happen when their money quickly runs out and they have rent or mortgage payments, car payments, and student loans. Will their cars be repossessed? Will banks foreclose on their mortgages? There will soon be many people in dire straights because of something out of their control. Our government needs to act quickly to make sure that families aren’t destroyed by this. People need assurances that loans will be deferred.
    Agree. There are more people even in what’s considered middle class that are going month to month.

5. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Agree. There are more people even in what’s considered middle class that are going month to month.
    I totally understand and agree. There are many responsible young professionals who will be affected by this. Savings will evaporate quickly and they need help. I can’t help but think of pictures of people during the Great Depression.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

6. Away From The World

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    London's lockdown is beginning. At 5pm GMT Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that he's forcibly closing all social and hospitality businesses, inc pubs, bars, clubs, restaurants, cafes, leisure centres, etc. This is because we're stupid and didn't listen. When social distancing was announced last week or whenever it was, we didn't listen. We still went to bars and clubs, we still used the subway, we still went to eat out, we still went to the West End to see musicals and we still went to the cinemas. We behaved like children that refused to stop playing with our ball when asked to. Now we're having our ball taken away from us.

People are so dumb.
    Messaged my childhood friend who lives in London, he and his wife are in isolation (she is a nurse). They are unwell but don't believe it's C-19. My sister-in-law in Lewisham is isolated by living alone, she won't like being cooped up. My trip over in June/July is off for sure.

NZ goes into 4 weeks of full lock down in less than 48 hours. There are 'only' 102 confirmed cases but they want to try and stop community spread. The govt has announced an income relief package for every business and worker in the country, but thousands will still lose jobs and businesses close. If it extends beyond 4 weeks it will get real serious for our firm.

Despite the pleas for calm and assurance of resources from govt we still have the idiot shoppers, even fighting over a car park before making it to the store.

Yep, we have dummies too.

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Practice makes perfect. But ultimately, I am living proof that you don't need to play well to enjoy gear. You might be surprised how much enjoyment you can get while still sucking.

7. Registered User

Yesterday, I forced myself to watch some of the presidents update conference since I've never watched anything of his ever. Absolutely infantile, repeating the same things over and over ignoring facts. He stated they are working on the vaccines and they he is confident that they will be available. The vaccines will not be available to the general public for a least about a year, if they test good. This comes from the head of the labs that are currently doing the testing. Then, trump, in the midst of this pandemic, mentions that the Republicans want to pass the bill for help today but the Democrats are holding it back. Called it the "Chinese" virus a number of times. Does it really matter now where it came from? The truth is, trump dropped the ball on this virus and now we are weeks behind in getting a hold on this thing. Every one of his staff who got up to the mike thanked him for the great job he doing. Insanity.

8. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    Yesterday, I forced myself to watch some of the presidents update conference since I've never watched anything of his ever. Absolutely infantile, repeating the same things over and over ignoring facts. He stated they are working on the vaccines and they he is confident that they will be available. The vaccines will not be available to the general public for a least about a year, if they test good. This comes from the head of the labs that are currently doing the testing. Then, trump, in the midst of this pandemic, mentions that the Republicans want to pass the bill for help today but the Democrats are holding it back. Called it the "Chinese" virus a number of times. Does it really matter now where it came from? The truth is, trump dropped the ball on this virus and now we are weeks behind in getting a hold on this thing. Every one of his staff who got up to the mike thanked him for the great job he doing. Insanity.
    Welcome to the Worst Timeline. We’re BONED.
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Jesus. And I thought WE were the a******s of the world. My town is pretty much shut down. Im now patrolling a dead town. Bars, gyms, restaurants closed. Only take out and delivery.

But its for the best. Only way were gonna beat this.
    Buying all the crap as they are panicking, but yet hanging in heavily populated areas. That makes no sense at all.

10. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Buying all the crap as they are panicking, but yet hanging in heavily populated areas. That makes no sense at all.
    People = ****
    Way Too Much Crap

11. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    People = ****
    and cry babies .. boo-hooing over staying home .. boo-hooing over social distancing .. boo-hooing over everything closed ... boo-hoo I'm depressed .. boo-hoo I can't go to the bars/clubs anymore .. boo-hoo all alone .. hashtag wash your hands .. hashtag stay home .. hashtag keep your distance .. hashtag boo-hoo .. social media and tv media is laughable .. people are such pile of turds

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    and cry babies .. boo-hooing over staying home .. boo-hooing over social distancing .. boo-hooing over everything closed ... boo-hoo I'm depressed .. boo-hoo I can't go to the bars/clubs anymore .. boo-hoo all alone .. hashtag wash your hands .. hashtag stay home .. hashtag keep your distance .. hashtag boo-hoo .. social media and tv media is laughable .. people are such pile of turds
    I’m not on social media and haven’t watched tv in days. Just #livingmybestlife. LOL
    Way Too Much Crap