Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Man, you came off pretty definitive in my other thread in your disdain for that album.

Nunya... as in, nunya business. (None of your...)
    “Intelligence allows for a change.”
    Way Too Much Crap

2. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    “Intelligence allows for a change.”
    You’re really going to give me that softball delivery?

Hence my confusion on how you got there.

(Now awaiting cyberwrath)
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    I ask because I haven't been to a concert since the early eighties.
    Concert costs are ridiculous anymore. I’ve only been to a couple because of it. As I’ve stated on here before, there is so much great music by so many barely known for the fraction of the cost that going to a big show has to be really special for me or free for me to go.

Just in this weekend I saw an amazing show in Seefeel and the Veldt in Philadelphia. This past summer I saw Screaming Trees/QOTSA’s Mark Lanagan. Both shows were no more than $20 and they were in venues that held less than 300 people. It’s a much better experience to me.

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Concert costs are ridiculous anymore. I’ve only been to a couple because of it. As I’ve stated on here before, there is so much great music by so many barely known for the fraction of the cost that going to a big show has to be really special for me or free for me to go.

Just in this weekend I saw an amazing show in Seefeel and the Veldt in Philadelphia. This past summer I saw Screaming Trees/QOTSA’s Mark Lanagan. Both shows were no more than $20 and they were in venues that held less than 300 people. It’s a much better experience to me.
    I agree 100%. I actually said to lisa during the Tool show that as cool as seeing a massive arena show is, I’d MUCH rather see bands in theaters/clubs. Going to see the cult at the Wellmont in December. Pumped for that show.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I agree 100%. I actually said to lisa during the Tool show that as cool as seeing a massive arena show is, I’d MUCH rather see bands in theaters/clubs. Going to see the cult at the Wellmont in December. Pumped for that show.
    Even that pushes my limit unless I can afford to sit in rows under 10. In general, if I cannot freely move around, it’s usually too big for me.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    I ask because I haven't been to a concert since the early eighties.
    Just curious, but why?

7. Registered User

I don't want to spend a crapload of money. The last I checked the lowest price was $35 for the cheapseats.

NOPE!

8. Drumming Since 1943

Motley getting back together to fleece the rubes.

Bobbi Fleckman sure was right- “Money talks and bull**** walks.”
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Registered User

Motley getting back together to fleece the rubes. Bobbi Fleckman sure was right- “Money talks and bull**** walks.”
    If the tickets aren't outrageous I'd consider going.

Pretty good 80's line up. With three bands it'd be a total greatest hits extravaganza.

One never knows. Vince isn't great but he could be that last Cre member left one day.

Like the Beatles, if Paul would die it would leave Ringo, the least talented member left.

I wish I'd seen VH when they came through even though DLR can't sing it was probably the last time to see that line up. Maybe the last time to see any of them.

Is the Cre thing even 100% confirmed?

10. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    If the tickets aren't outrageous I'd consider going.

Pretty good 80's line up. With three bands it'd be a total greatest hits extravaganza.

One never knows. Vince isn't great but he could be that last Cre member left one day.

Like the Beatles, if Paul would die it would leave Ringo, the least talented member left.

I wish I'd seen VH when they came through even though DLR can't sing it was probably the last time to see that line up. Maybe the last time to see any of them.

Is the Cre thing even 100% confirmed?
    Yes it’s confirmed and saying Vince Meal “isn’t great” is quite the understatement.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. Registered User

phx-az since 1978. The best sunsets occur during the monsoon season June-Sept.

Sucks that the Crue retirement didn’t last longer. I’ll pass on the tour. Putting Vince back on stage to puke through those tunes is unfortunate for those listening. I caught a few shows in the last decade or so and Vince struggled. I thought Mick Mars would say no because of his condition. Wouldn’t be surprised if they wheeled him out on a hand truck and propped him up in one of those metal braces that you see on parade floats. Ok that’s silly. Just a bit of fun on a beautiful evening
    "Now just a minute. This is a press conference. The last thing I want to do is answer a lot of questions."

United States Army General Maynard M. Mitchell
    Press briefing. Korea 1950

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by insane65 View Post
    Sucks that the Crue retirement didn’t last longer. I’ll pass on the tour. Putting Vince back on stage to puke through those tunes is unfortunate for those listening. I caught a few shows in the last decade or so and Vince struggled. I thought Mick Mars would say no because of his condition. Wouldn’t be surprised if they wheeled him out on a hand truck and propped him up in one of those metal braces that you see on parade floats. Ok that’s silly. Just a bit of fun on a beautiful evening
    I’m thinking more Hanibal Lecter-style. Just with Black No. 1 hair dye and recycled blues riffs.
    Way Too Much Crap