Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    Today is a sad day in my hometown.

Keep the families of the victims in your thoughts and prayers.

Please, none of the usual “discussion”.
    Sorry to hear yet another member here has been touched by this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Yeah, that kinda **** can get a person banned.
    This is a DRUM FORUM, after all.

* figuratively
    Your honour, the defendant both actually quoted Mr. H's happenings from December through now, and the quote was a word-for-word copy of the original text (as a quote often is). Given these circumstances, I would suggest that the 'literally' was justified, perhaps on two definitions of the word: the use of the verb 'quoted' in its most basic and non-metaphorical sense; and that the quote was taken verbatim, though the defense admits this applies mainly to translations (i.e. "literal translation").

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Sorry to hear yet another member here has been touched by this.

This is a DRUM FORUM, after all.

Your honour, the defendant both actually quoted Mr. H's happenings from December through now, and the quote was a word-for-word copy of the original text (as a quote often is). Given these circumstances, I would suggest that the 'literally' was justified, perhaps on two definitions of the word: the use of the verb 'quoted' in its most basic and non-metaphorical sense; and that the quote was taken verbatim, though the defense admits this applies mainly to translations (i.e. "literal translation").

I find for the plaintiff.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Drowned God

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Thank you. What art is it that you are studying?
    Hawaiian Kenpo - a mix of karate, judo, jiu jitsu, kenpo, and kickboxing. I've also taken to the sports karate side, competing in forms and sparring.
    What is dead may never die.

4. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I find for the plaintiff.
    LeoSquint.jpg

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Hawaiian Kenpo - a mix of karate, judo, jiu jitsu, kenpo, and kickboxing. I've also taken to the sports karate side, competing in forms and sparring.
    Wow. That’s quite a combination. I would like to study something with a little groundwork. Being I have epilepsy, I have to be real careful about my head not getting thrashed. In aikido, even too many forward rolls sometimes push me towards a petite mal seizure.

6. The Sensitone Guy

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    What happened with the job you started in December? You were so excited about it at the time and all signs pointed towards it being a great move.
    The pay was great. And that was the only good part. They completely misrepresented the job and I foolishly bought it. Ridiculous hours... Bad boss... Night shift... Horrible working conditions... Expectation to work on days off... Having to listen to rap music on the production floor for many hours on end... I lasted five months and was physically ill for most of that.

Current employer is treating me well so far. They like me and I like them. They're already feeling me out to possibly take on more responsibility and a promotion. I'm cautiously optimistic.

The senior management at my original job as well as a few subordinates still keep in contact. That door is still open.

In all likelihood, I'll work another 3 to 4 years and then retire. Not 100% sure though.

7. anti-shark cage?

I know some Miyagi-Do karate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Heading to Japan tomorrow. This is a dream vacation. I always wanted to play there, but since that’s not in cards anytime soon, we planned this. Im going to the Hombu Dojo, where aikido was more or less started, and to a Tokyo Giants baseball game. After a few days in Tokyo, I’m heading out through various parts of the country.

Here’s my schedule:

Days 1-3
    Tokyo

Day 4
    Mt. Fuji
    Kachi Kachi or Hakone National Park rope ways depending on the volcano activity/ 2 hour bullet train ride to Hamanako where we will stay at a traditional Japanese hotel and have a traditional meal

Day 5
    Koka (ninja mansion & Miho museum) to Kyoto for Kiyomizu Temple

Day 6
    Kyoto for Tentreyuji Temple, Golden Pavilion, Togetsukyo Bridge
    Japanese tea ceremony and geisha quarter

Day 7
    Kyoto for Fushimi District then drive to Nara (former capital) for Todaiji Temple/ Deerfield Park then drive to Osaka for a castle and entertainment district and hotel

Day 8
    Leave

9. Drumming Since 1943

Heading to Japan tomorrow. This is a dream vacation. I always wanted to play there, but since that’s not in cards anytime soon, we planned this. Im going to the Hombu Dojo, where aikido was more or less started, and to a Tokyo Giants baseball game. After a few days in Tokyo, I’m heading out through various parts of the country.

Here’s my schedule:

Days 1-3
    Tokyo

Day 4
    Mt. Fuji
    Kachi Kachi or Hakone National Park rope ways depending on the volcano activity/ 2 hour bullet train ride to Hamanako where we will stay at a traditional Japanese hotel and have a traditional meal

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7
    Kyoto for Fushimi District then drive to Nara (former capital) for Todaiji Temple/ Deerfield Park then drive to Osaka for a castle and entertainment district and hotel

Day 8
    Leave
    That’s awesome dale. Taking Briegh and the kids?
    Way Too Much Crap

10. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Here’s my schedule:
    Days 1-3
    Tokyo
    Day 4
    Mt. Fuji
    Day 5
    Day 6
    Day 7
    Day 8
    Leave
    That's an awesome trip! I went over in 2015 and hit many of the same locations. We saw dozens of temples and shrines, so I couldn't begin to list them, but the main gist of the itinerary was:

Days 1-2: Tokyo
    Day 3: Morning shinkansen to Osaka (I remember hitting up the Castle, the bath houses, and enjoying Okonomiyaki cooked right on the table)
    Day 4: Day trip to Koyasan from Osaka (the 2km walk through the cemetery here is incredible)
    Day 5: Trains from Osaka to Nara for the day, then on to Kyoto
    Day 6: Kyoto (did the Fushimi Inari shrine climb this day, I think?)
    Day 7: Afternoon shinkansen to Tokyo (spent the morning at the monthly Kobosan market in Kyoto)
    Day 8: Leave

The Nara deer bow aggressively and pursue those with biscuits aggressively. Those with large antlers tend to get a bit too close when bowing, so the upward swing may catch you in the groin/abdomen.

We had JR Passes and Kansai passes, so had full use of most of the transit options (still had to pay for some municipal transit; buses, subways). I couldn't imagine driving around there, you'll have to let me know how that goes.

I'm thinking of heading back within the next few years so I can bring my partner. I'd hit up a number of the same locations for her benefit, but perhaps extend it to two weeks, so I can push down towards Hiroshima as well as make it to Hakone/Mt. Fuji, which I had to give up in order to fit Nara in the itinerary. I'd also like to stay in temple lodging (likely in Koyasan) and at a ryokan (Hakone).

Looking forward to some photos!

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

That's an awesome trip! I went over in 2015 and hit many of the same locations. We saw dozens of temples and shrines, so I couldn't begin to list them, but the main gist of the itinerary was:

Days 1-2: Tokyo
    Day 3: Morning shinkansen to Osaka (I remember hitting up the Castle, the bath houses, and enjoying Okonomiyaki cooked right on the table)
    Day 4: Day trip to Koyasan from Osaka (the 2km walk through the cemetery here is incredible)
    Day 5: Trains from Osaka to Nara for the day, then on to Kyoto
    Day 6: Kyoto (did the Fushimi Inari shrine climb this day, I think?)
    Day 7: Afternoon shinkansen to Tokyo (spent the morning at the monthly Kobosan market in Kyoto)
    Day 8: Leave

The Nara deer bow aggressively and pursue those with biscuits aggressively. Those with large antlers tend to get a bit too close when bowing, so the upward swing may catch you in the groin/abdomen.

We had JR Passes and Kansai passes, so had full use of most of the transit options (still had to pay for some municipal transit; buses, subways). I couldn't imagine driving around there, you'll have to let me know how that goes.

I'm thinking of heading back within the next few years so I can bring my partner. I'd hit up a number of the same locations for her benefit, but perhaps extend it to two weeks, so I can push down towards Hiroshima as well as make it to Hakone/Mt. Fuji, which I had to give up in order to fit Nara in the itinerary. I'd also like to stay in temple lodging (likely in Koyasan) and at a ryokan (Hakone).

Looking forward to some photos!
    Looks like you had an amazing experience. We will exchange notes later.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    That’s awesome dale. Taking Briegh and the kids?
    Yep. The kids know what an amazing trip this is and how lucky they are.

12. Drumming Since 1943

Looks like you had an amazing experience. We will exchange notes later.

Yep. The kids know what an amazing trip this is and how lucky they are.
    That’s great.
    Way Too Much Crap