Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
  1. Drowned God

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Wow. That’s quite a combination. I would like to study something with a little groundwork. Being I have epilepsy, I have to be real careful about my head not getting thrashed. In aikido, even too many forward rolls sometimes push me towards a petite mal seizure.
    I enjoy it in that it's honest-to-goodness self defense focused.

There are some judo throws that you'd probably not appreciate, then. The jiu jitsu is not so head-rattling once on the ground, just more choking and joint attacks in a simulated murder sort of fashion; think yoga, but involuntary

Heading to Japan tomorrow. This is a dream vacation. I always wanted to play there, but since that’s not in cards anytime soon, we planned this. Im going to the Hombu Dojo, where aikido was more or less started, and to a Tokyo Giants baseball game. After a few days in Tokyo, I’m heading out through various parts of the country.

Here’s my schedule:

Days 1-3
    Tokyo

Day 4
    Mt. Fuji
    Kachi Kachi or Hakone National Park rope ways depending on the volcano activity/ 2 hour bullet train ride to Hamanako where we will stay at a traditional Japanese hotel and have a traditional meal

Day 5
    Koka (ninja mansion & Miho museum) to Kyoto for Kiyomizu Temple

Day 6
    Kyoto for Tentreyuji Temple, Golden Pavilion, Togetsukyo Bridge
    Japanese tea ceremony and geisha quarter

Day 7
    Kyoto for Fushimi District then drive to Nara (former capital) for Todaiji Temple/ Deerfield Park then drive to Osaka for a castle and entertainment district and hotel

Day 8
    Leave
    Outstanding - enjoy! I lived there many years ago and absolutely loved it.
    What is dead may never die.

2. Registered User

Heading to Japan tomorrow. This is a dream vacation. I always wanted to play there, but since that’s not in cards anytime soon, we planned this. Im going to the Hombu Dojo, where aikido was more or less started, and to a Tokyo Giants baseball game. After a few days in Tokyo, I’m heading out through various parts of the country.

Here’s my schedule:

Days 1-3
    Tokyo

Day 4
    Mt. Fuji
    Kachi Kachi or Hakone National Park rope ways depending on the volcano activity/ 2 hour bullet train ride to Hamanako where we will stay at a traditional Japanese hotel and have a traditional meal

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7
    Kyoto for Fushimi District then drive to Nara (former capital) for Todaiji Temple/ Deerfield Park then drive to Osaka for a castle and entertainment district and hotel

Day 8
    Leave
    That's awesome, man. I'm very excited for you and your family. Have a great time!
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

3. anti-shark cage?

Here’s my schedule:

Days 1-3
    Tokyo

Day 4
    Mt. Fuji

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Day 8
    Leave

Have fun!
    Take pics of some weird vending machines. They prob have one full of drums somewhere...

Name:  1762012_0.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  79.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Outstanding - enjoy! I lived there many years ago and absolutely loved it.
    I was already thinking about what a great place Tokyo would be to live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    That's awesome, man. I'm very excited for you and your family. Have a great time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Have fun!
    Take pics of some weird vending machines. They prob have one full of drums somewhere...

Name:  1762012_0.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  79.3 KB
    Thank you I’ll be sharing pictures for sure.

I’m going to avoid watching television so I won’t get a seizure.

5. PDF FF Champion 2014

Have a good trip Dale! Japan is on my list, we were planning a monster ski trip next January but my folks swooped in and want to take us on a different vacation, so Japan will be put on hold for now. I look forward to seeing your pics.

6. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Have a good trip Dale! Japan is on my list, we were planning a monster ski trip next January but my folks swooped in and want to take us on a different vacation, so Japan will be put on hold for now. I look forward to seeing your pics.
    Hey - I know you! I didn't think you frequented these parts anymore :P

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Good morning from Tokyo! I’m trying to post a picture, but it’s not letting me.

8. Rogue Ex-Mod

Nice to see so many old school PDF members still around. Have fun on your trip Dale!
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

9. so it goes, bros.

Good morning from Tokyo! I’m trying to post a picture, but it’s not letting me.
    Please drink all the canned coffee so I can be delightfully caffeinated vicariously through you. Man I wish we had canned coffee similar to Japan here in North America.

10. PDF FF Champion 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Hey - I know you! I didn't think you frequented these parts anymore :P
    Hey! Every once in a while I remember this place exists and stop in. How are you? I've just been keeping busy working, biking, and trying to keep my blood pressure from going through the roof when considering current events. I was able to take a trip to Peru in May, that was a good getaway.

11. Comrade Tim

Hey! Every once in a while I remember this place exists and stop in. How are you? I've just been keeping busy working, biking, and trying to keep my blood pressure from going through the roof when considering current events. I was able to take a trip to Peru in May, that was a good getaway.
    I'm doing well...living life....saw your Peru stuff on FB.... and I hear ya on current events....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

12. so it goes, bros.

i still check the mail every day for my dublin dr pepper