Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Thanks Dylan. Suburb. I actually tried to PM you awhile back and your inbox is full.
    Shouldn’t be now.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Shame on me, but I found this amusing. Sometimes, "a sign from above" will let you know that today just ain't your day...
    https://youtu.be/M6DTOAhJZJk?list=RDM6DTOAhJZJk

I do find it a bit perplexing that no one went over to assist or to even see if the dude was OK.
    How bad does a band have to be to not notice a member was crushed in the middle of a song? I mean, you can hear they obviously all suck and are only as talented as anyone off the street, but Jesus Christ, at least look up when the drums come to a literal crashing halt in the middle of the song.

And then none of them even moved to help the guy. What an absolutely typical and expected response from those sorts of musicians.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Heading to Chicago tomorrow morning. My oldest son, 25 , is graduating from the Police Academy. We will spend about 6-7 days with him and then he'll start with his precinct and being the new guy he will not get much time off.

It's only about a four and a half hour drive to see him but busy schedules clash.

I love him and miss him and am very proud of him. I don't want to worry about him but in today's culture where the police are the bad guys it's hard not to. But I can't show that worry because that's my wife's job!

He was nominated and named president of his class.

He's a hell of a good guy. Nothing like his Middle Aged Mutant Ninja Father.
    You must be very proud!

4. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Shame on me, but I found this amusing. Sometimes, "a sign from above" will let you know that today just ain't your day...

I do find it a bit perplexing that no one went over to assist or to even see if the dude was OK.
    lol .. that's not very Christian of them not to help their fellow man .. no one cared .. listen closely, you can hear people start to laugh .. even the guitar player/singer laughs with a big smile on his face and says "we're going to take just a moment" ... sigh .... he's just the drummer anyway
    Last edited by BadAstronaut; 09-26-2019 at 08:25 AM.

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    You must be very proud!
    I agree. It sounds like your wife did a good job raising him. Ha!

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    lol .. that's not very Christian of them not to help their fellow man .. no one cared .. listen closely, you can hear people start to laugh .. even the guitar player/singer laughs with a big smile on his face and says "we're going to take just a moment" ... sigh .... he's just the drummer anyway
    That may be the greatest thing I’ve ever seen. And the reactions of the rest of the band. Proves everything I know.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    That may be the greatest thing I’ve ever seen. And the reactions of the rest of the band. Proves everything I know.
    you and I both. I keep religion and politics out of my life .. it makes life so much more enjoyable, for me anyway.... no offense to those who do. end rant .. time to play drums for an hr or 2.

8. So shiny, so chrome.

Oh for ****s sake...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Hum Drum View Post
    Oh for ****s sake...
    What a load of crap. Losers.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

10. Drumming Since 1943

I LOVE IT.

Doubling down. The way of the world now.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. old dog, new tricks

looks like even Jesus hates Christian music
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

12. Rockin' the Cosmos..

lol .. wanna bet if that cross fell on any of those 3 heffers that all the white knights would of rushed the stage to see if they were ok? ... that acoustic guy can eat a big ol' D ... what a tim tom