Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 63 of 80 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    One kit. My band is so inactive live that breaking it down for any live work won’t be an issue. I’m just so psyched that I’ll have 24/7 access to practice.
    That’s awesome! When I’m not with a band, I rent a climate controlled storage space and use that to practice. Always have 24/7 access and no one seems to care as people do not typically hang out at their storage space.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Paiste - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x9 10x8 14x6.5

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    That’s awesome! When I’m not with a band, I rent a climate controlled storage space and use that to practice. Always have 24/7 access and no one seems to care as people do not typically hang out at their storage space.
    I noticed that you do that. I'd feel really strange doing that.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Registered User

Why? I've known a couple bands who rented those out just for practice. Typically, they are rather isolated, so neighbors can't complain.

4. Drumming Since 1943

Dunno. Just would.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

Not having to worry about the volume or pissing off the neighbors is a big plus.

6. Registered User

I noticed that you do that. I'd feel really strange doing that.
    You go to a storage facility anywhere around downtown Nashville and that’s all ANYONE does with them. This was Christopher Williams storage facility. He is where I got the idea from. It’s really nice. I love it and don’t feel weird at all. Once you get jamming, you forget where you are. Name:  C175D55B-F896-4B4F-A5D8-B9EE6496D6AF.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  96.5 KB

7. Drumming Since 1943

Man would I love to have my drums on that Level Rack.

Things around here are different. It’s not a music/art place like Nashville. Aside from the fact that my small storage space cost me $200/month, I’m SURE that even if I had the space to try it, someone would complain.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Man would I love to have my drums on that Level Rack.

Things around here are different. It’s not a music/art place like Nashville. Aside from the fact that my small storage space cost me $200/month, I’m SURE that even if I had the space to try it, someone would complain.
    I live in NC now. I have a space and it’s 135.00 a month here for climate controlled. They asked me what I was storing in their when I rented it and I was flat out straight up about it. They were completely cool with it and told me they wanted to come and here me play when I got it all set up. WIN!!

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    I live in NC now. I have a space and it’s 135.00 a month here for climate controlled. They asked me what I was storing in their when I rented it and I was flat out straight up about it. They were completely cool with it and told me they wanted to come and here me play when I got it all set up. WIN!!
    Lucky you.

What part of NC are you in? Have a buddy in Holly Springs.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Not that I typically use it, but anyone else notice that the Report Post button seems to have disappeared (desktop, Chrome)?

Also, that was a sick deal on flights, Dale. Glade to hear your A) on the mend, and B) finally drumming for leisure again, JYK.

11. Registered User

Anyone watch the Nationals and Dodgers last night? What a game. I can't believe every elimination game this postseason has been won by the road team. I hope the Astros put an end to that trend tonight.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

12. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Not that I typically use it, but anyone else notice that the Report Post button seems to have disappeared (desktop, Chrome)
    Same. But I've heard from others if you light a candle by your computer, turn off the lights, and say the mod's name three times into the echo chamber he'll show up and ban you.
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.