Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 105 of 120 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,260 of 1438
  1. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    I'm only a casual baseball fan and am thinking to myself, big deal - sign stealing is part of the game. Then I heard a good explanation from a local sportscaster and was floored. Then separately seeing Altuve rounding third signaling his teammates to leave his jersey alone? Wooooow....
    What happened is so completely over-the-top, wildly unacceptable, and a total disaster for the game.
    Yes, stealing signs has been going on forever, but this stuff is absolutely nuts. Using all this technology to spy and smart watches, banging on trash cans. good grief man.
    No excuse.

2. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Ever wonder why a guy corks his bat knowing it could break?
    Here's a guy who absolutely *sucked*, and then he did a truckload of steroids, and that wasn't enough to hit a 500' home run, so he corks his bat.
    say it ain't sosa

3. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post

lmao

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Here's a guy who absolutely *sucked*, and then he did a truckload of steroids, and that wasn't enough to hit a 500' home run, so he corks his bat.
    say it ain't sosa
    I literally could give a damn about the steroid and HGH use that any of those guys used. None of that stuff helps you see or hit a baseball better. At the end of the day, they still have to hit a baseball that’s coming at them at 99mph. Steroids and HGH do nothing to make that easier.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x10 10x9 14x6.5

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    I literally could give a damn about the steroid and HGH use that any of those guys used. None of that stuff helps you see or hit a baseball better. At the end of the day, they still have to hit a baseball that’s coming at them at 99mph. Steroids and HGH do nothing to make that easier.
    Please. 60 HR were hit only twice in the history of baseball and within a 4 year period it was done 6 times in a 4 year period during the height of the PED era. 10 of the Top 20 all-time career HR leaders were from that era. It helps.

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Please. 60 HR were hit only twice in the history of baseball and within a 4 year period it was done 6 times in a 4 year period during the height of the PED era. 10 of the Top 20 all-time career HR leaders were from that era. It helps.
    Anything that helps the games not last 72 ******* HOURS would be really welcomed. Also, every time a batter steps out of the box to adjust his batting gloves and knock non-existent dirt from his cleats, he should get jolted by an electroshock collar.
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Registered User

Dale, that had ZERO to do with the HGH and Steroid use. The MLB was going through some tough times. Attendance was down EVERYWHERE. MLB decided to make baseball exciting again. The laced the balls a lot tighter. That was common knowledge. Otherwise you would have to accuse of everyone in the Major Leagues of using PEDS because people who are lucky to hit 8 HR’s a year were now hitting 25-30. The only difference the PEDS made in the Conseco’s, McGuire’s, Sosa’s etc..... were that their HR’s were going 450 feet instead of 390.

8. anti-shark cage?

Bull****. Total bull****.
    You don't think being absurdly strong helps speed up your swing, then you're an idiot. Not all pitches are 99 mph either. Wow. You don't really know a lot about baseball, and it shows like a brightly lit neon sign.
    I'm not gonna even argue this because you're so completely wrong af. They're called PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS for a REASON. This is why Russia has been banned from the Olympics. This is why Lance Armstrong is as crooked as a snake and had his titles stripped. This is why so many of those jacked up MLB players will never be in the hall of fame. Because they are all cheaters. They cheated themselves, the fans, and the game.
    You like cheating. Good for you. Being an advocate for cheaters used to be shameful.
    Last edited by Quint; 01-18-2020 at 08:18 PM.

9. anti-shark cage?

Dale, that had ZERO to do with the HGH and Steroid use. The MLB was going through some tough times. Attendance was down EVERYWHERE. MLB decided to make baseball exciting again. The laced the balls a lot tighter. That was common knowledge. Otherwise you would have to accuse of everyone in the Major Leagues of using PEDS because people who are lucky to hit 8 HR’s a year were now hitting 25-30. The only difference the PEDS made in the Conseco’s, McGuire’s, Sosa’s etc..... were that their HR’s were going 450 feet instead of 390.

Wrong.

10. anti-shark cage?

This is a response from someone who LOVES the game and understands the history of the sport.
    You know, an educated, historically accurate response, backed up with facts.

Brady Anderson. Give me a break..

Dale knows exactly what I'm talking about with that one. Guaranteed.

11. Drumming Since 1943

This is a response from someone who LOVES the game and understands the history of the sport.
    You know, an educated, historically accurate response, backed up with facts.

Brady Anderson. Give me a break..

Dale knows exactly what I'm talking about with that one. Guaranteed.
    How do you really feel Quint?
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

Wrong.
    No, I’m absolutely not. I guess you don’t know what my dad did for a living for 35 years. Otherwise you wouldn’t be questioning my statement.