Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 103 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 1429
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Man, I'm gonna have to agree. There is something cool about wide-open spaces, without seizure-inducing digitalia all over the place. One's imagination takes over and makes you wonder what's out there, rather than being spoon-fed, over-the-top action with a terrible screenplay. Lucas used waaaaaay too much action in every square inch of film on the crappy prequels crap. They don't hold up. Having said that, I really enjoyed the concept and execution of Rogue One. Much much better acting too.

My favorite Indiana Jones are 1&3.
    Rogue One rules. EASILY the best of the newer films.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Yep.

Not a Star Wars geek but that one is really good.

3. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Man, I'm gonna have to agree. There is something cool about wide-open spaces, without seizure-inducing digitalia all over the place. One's imagination takes over and makes you wonder what's out there, rather than being spoon-fed, over-the-top action with a terrible screenplay. Lucas used waaaaaay too much action in every square inch of film on the crappy prequels crap. They don't hold up. Having said that, I really enjoyed the concept and execution of Rogue One. Much much better acting too.

My favorite Indiana Jones are 1&3.
    There are no even-numbered Indiana Jones...
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

4. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    There are no even-numbered Indiana Jones...
    This is true!
    The next one should be killer!

5. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Yeah I agree with you and Quint, Rogue One was great. I went into Force Awakens expecting it to be awesome and I was pretty disappointed. As a result, I went into Rogue One fully expecting to hate it and actually really enjoyed it. As I mentioned before, all I'm really looking for is something that doesn't just re-tell the original story and can do something new and different WITHOUT having to dump on the existing stories and characters. Rogue One is a perfect example of how to do that, it enhances the existing story and makes you care more about it instead of making the original story pointless and trivial. It's the same reason I love Mandalorian. It's different and adds to the world without taking anything away.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

6. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    Yeah I agree with you and Quint, Rogue One was great. I went into Force Awakens expecting it to be awesome and I was pretty disappointed. As a result, I went into Rogue One fully expecting to hate it and actually really enjoyed it. As I mentioned before, all I'm really looking for is something that doesn't just re-tell the original story and can do something new and different WITHOUT having to dump on the existing stories and characters. Rogue One is a perfect example of how to do that, it enhances the existing story and makes you care more about it instead of making the original story pointless and trivial. It's the same reason I love Mandalorian. It's different and adds to the world without taking anything away.
    I loved how Vader's fighting style in Rogue One totally matched his prowess in New Hope.
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

7. Comrade Tim

I loved how Vader's fighting style in Rogue One totally matched his prowess in New Hope.
    Name:  mfhp.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  18.3 KB

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

8. anti-shark cage?

that was so badass at how damn mad he was at the end, boarding the ship. Matched A New Hope seamlessly.

9. Drumoholic

I enjoyed all the new movies (TFA and beyond), but I'm also a lot younger than you guys, I'm guessing.
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl - Soultone Cymbals - Evans - Vater

10. Rogue Ex-Mod

that was so badass at how damn mad he was at the end, boarding the ship. Matched A New Hope seamlessly.
    I thought the only issue there was Vader talks about transmissions being "beamed" aboard the ship, when clearly they were just carried on board. Other than that, I thought it worked amazingly well.

It was great to see Vader angry and going all out against non Force users. He carries that rage straight into Leia's ship where he's picking people up by the throat and throwing them. Reminded me too of when he runs into Han and company in the Cloud City and just blocks Han's shots with his hand and effortlessly pulls the blaster away. Or when he's fighting Luke later on in that film when Luke has only been using the Force for about 3 years and isn't ready. He's fighting him with a lightsaber while tossing random objects at him and you can tell he's not even trying.

I always thought the fight in A New Hope is perfect. Vader has been waiting 20 years for this rematch. It's an obsession for him. This is not only his former teacher, but also his best friend and a guy who helped raise him from childhood. The last time they met, Vader was arrogant and careless and lost 3 of him limbs and almost burned to death. He's not going to make that mistake again and obviously they aren't going to be able to Force Choke each other or anything with both being so experienced. Reminded me of two old martial arts masters squaring off. They aren't going to rush into anything, they're both waiting for an opening, waiting for the other one to make a mistake and ultimately, Obi Wan is just stalling so Luke and Leia can escape so he's TRYING to draw the fight out as long as possible so the attention stays on him.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

11. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    I thought the only issue there was Vader talks about transmissions being "beamed" aboard the ship, when clearly they were just carried on board. Other than that, I thought it worked amazingly well.

It was great to see Vader angry and going all out against non Force users. He carries that rage straight into Leia's ship where he's picking people up by the throat and throwing them. Reminded me too of when he runs into Han and company in the Cloud City and just blocks Han's shots with his hand and effortlessly pulls the blaster away. Or when he's fighting Luke later on in that film when Luke has only been using the Force for about 3 years and isn't ready. He's fighting him with a lightsaber while tossing random objects at him and you can tell he's not even trying.

I always thought the fight in A New Hope is perfect. Vader has been waiting 20 years for this rematch. It's an obsession for him. This is not only his former teacher, but also his best friend and a guy who helped raise him from childhood. The last time they met, Vader was arrogant and careless and lost 3 of him limbs and almost burned to death. He's not going to make that mistake again and obviously they aren't going to be able to Force Choke each other or anything with both being so experienced. Reminded me of two old martial arts masters squaring off. They aren't going to rush into anything, they're both waiting for an opening, waiting for the other one to make a mistake and ultimately, Obi Wan is just stalling so Luke and Leia can escape so he's TRYING to draw the fight out as long as possible so the attention stays on him.

YESSS!!
    Now I wanna watch Empire and Rogue One. I freaking love Empire. It's so dark, and everything is going wrong all over the place. My fave.

12. Registered User

Damn Astros.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."