Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 126 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,512 of 1914
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Do what you think is right for your business Dale.
    I am giving everyone the choice of continuing or not including the teachers. If they decide they want to temporarily discontinue, they can be reregistered when they decide to come back.

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    As an obvious layman who's getting all of his info from news sources...

Hard to know. I think businesses/schools (those who who decide to) should shut down for two weeks at a minimum and if possible you stretch it to three. And that is absolutely crazy to say because it's in no way possible for everyone. I won't judge someone for doing what's right for their business if that means staying open. It's a hard choice to make and I don't envy anyone making it.

I think it would also be unrealistic to wait for a cure. People need to practice good hygiene and stay away from others if they think they might be sick. If a few weeks of self-quarantines and isolations around the country can stop it in its tracks, maybe that's the best thing until they come up with a vaccine.

Health experts seem to think the virus isn't as contagious if you're not yet showing symptoms. Since testing is not prevalent because Trump actively fought his advisers to prevent it in order to boost his re-election chances (https://www.npr.org/2020/03/12/81488...nse-fell-short), we won't be able to just test everyone and isolate only the sick. You're not going to know whether you have it or not until you actually get sick. Since you don't to wait until it's too late to isolate, take time off from bars and restaurants and hope the virus loses momentum as people get better in isolation.

Everyone's circumstances are different so I don't know who I might or might not call a hypocrite. What I think is wrong, though, is people who are resisting calls to dial back their social lives because they think everyone else is stupid or in a panic. People who think it's purely the media leading the charge are wrong. This isn't the end of days, but going about our business as if it's the flu will not make things better.
    All of your points make sense, but judgement people are making towards others for whatever decision they make is bothersome to me. Would you mind answering my last question directly? I’m curious about your opinion.

Do you feel it’s hypocritical for someone to pass judgment on schools, businesses, and activities for staying open if that person is not choosing to be fully quarantined themselves? Fully quarantined meaning they never leave their house nor receive anything from outside their house as well.

3. Registered User

The only judgement I'm passing is against people buying lifetime supplies of toilet paper creating a shortage for people that are just trying to do their normal shopping.

And for people like this moron:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18wy...ature=youtu.be

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    The only judgement I'm passing is against people buying lifetime supplies of toilet paper creating a shortage for people that are just trying to do their normal shopping.

And for people like this moron:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18wy...ature=youtu.be
    My motto:

“People=S***”.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Rockin' the Cosmos..

people are dumb .. I was at store other day and I saw people fighting over toilet paper .. LOL .. cashier at store told me " you'd think it was the end of the world the way people are acting"

6. Registered User

My motto:

“People=S***”.
    Too true.

Heard your town was about to go under curfew; they kick you guys to mandatory OT yet? My agency is still trying to get PPE in place for dealing with people that are suspected to be infected. We’ve already had one officer exposed.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Too true.

Heard your town was about to go under curfew; they kick you guys to mandatory OT yet? My agency is still trying to get PPE in place for dealing with people that are suspected to be infected. We’ve already had one officer exposed.
    Being an MC/Traffic guy, the only change so far has been to bump our shift one hour later to align with uniform patrol. So I'll be 4-12 instead of 3-11 for the foreseeable future. Everything is up for change though. I'm girding myself for whatever comes my way.

Here's my prediction as to what's going to happen in my alcohol-happy little burg: the city has (correctly in my opinion) enacted a curfew and shut bars and restaurants down. People (being people and by rule, utter ******) will now start drinking in their homes like they usually do in bars. We will see an uptick in domestic violence incidents and fights at people's homes. Because...

PEOPLE=******".
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

I believe a problem is low airline tickets encouraging people to fly. Or people who have plans to travel and are like " I bought the ticket, I'm going!"

The schools here (Illinois) are shutting down Tuesday. Why not Monday? I'm not sending my son. Anything he needs they can get a hold of us or he doesn't need it that bad.

The state too will close down bars and restaurants except food carry outs. ( confusing) " stay home unless you need fries with that!"

I've seen where the CDC is recommending 8 weeks not 2.

Also seen where a man contracted the virus, recovered and has now tested positive again!

My wife's step sister had a cruise booked and like the stupid people do, she went! They just contacted her today to let her know that one passenger on the ship tested positive. So she may have been exposed and brought it back to 45 mins from my home.

I was born and raised catholic. I don't attend church anymore but It scares me to see people sharing " pray and god will take this away" on social media.

Not trying to break the political / religion rule here but people pray to fight AIDS and cancer etc etc etc....and they're still here!

It's just that my nephew in law is real religious and he's mad about the quarantine situation.

" it's going to spread anyway! " is what he told me.

Then there's the gun nuts who plan on shooting the virus, I guess. Like they've waited for any apocalypse , zombie , biblical , meteor for so long they're licking their lips to start shooting something.

This post may or may not get me banned. I hope to not offend anyone. That was not my intention. I just hope and pray this all passes with as little damage and loss of life as possible.

The wet markets for live stock need to stop. And I myself wouldn't be hurt if all air travel out of any country stopped all together. With out special clearance.

Want to go to Rome? Will let you know in 6 months and you'd have to pass medical clearance before boarding. Anything to make the world bigger instead of smaller.

It use to be to see the Pyramid of Gaza you went or looked at three pictures in a book. But now you can research everything on line in great detail. Stay home.

9. Registered User

My 18 yr old is leaving for the USAF at the end of this month. Proud of him but not real happy about it and with all that's going on with this virus I'm really not happy about it. Part of me thinks it's the safest place / company he could keep. The other half knows that US soldiers seem expendable.

At any rate last week I let my band know " I'm taking the rest of the month off to spend as much time as I can with him and with this virus going around I'm not playing out. So don't book anything. This was before the closures but my thought was " Play for 200 idiots or play to 2 idiots because 198 smartened up and stated home.

Bars close Tuesday in Illinois too. Again confused. So a local dip stick owner posted on social media " Monday- $1 dollar everything!

10. Registered User

LOL... personal responsibility. Thatís rich. It literally doesnít exist anymore.
    It exists. But it's treated as a weird character trait now, Not a virtue.

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I shut down my business during my busiest time of year until 5/1 yesterday morning and then by the afternoon the governor shut down all gyms, which is essentially what I’m under, indefinitely.

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I shut down my business during my busiest time of year until 5/1 yesterday morning and then by the afternoon the governor shut down all gyms, which is essentially what I’m under, indefinitely.
    I figured you’d have to when I saw Murphy’s order.

Last night was my first day back since the curfew and it was WEIRD seeing our normally bustling little city TOTALLY DESERTED. Aside from joggers and people walking their dogs and us cops, it’s a ghost town. Which is the right thing. It’s how we’re gonna beat this.
    Way Too Much Crap