Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 120 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,429 to 1,440 of 1617
  1. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Find a way to mix in "Good Girls Don't" by the Knack; the unfiltered version. Fun to play and fun to experience the crowd response; unless you're playing at some sort of sausage fest.

2. old dog, new tricks

I've been slowly expanding my arsenal of woodworking hand tools, both new and old, when I can find stuff. Just bought my first set of nice chisels, a 100 year old quick-release woodworking vise, a #4 plane that I will convert into a scrub plane and a diamond plate sharpening system to keep everything razor sharp.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I kid. We do punk rock versions of a lot of crazy 80's songs. I'd much rather do When Doves Cry but Raspberry Beret intro is like 1:30 of keyboards and noise. We are a three piece and none of those pieces are keys. We'll see what happens. We've been invited to play Rise Fest. Greater St.Louis Artist of Color Music and Art showcase. I am truly honored. We are not the headliners but we are the band right before the headliners! Second to closers! That's pretty cool. I just think we should not add new songs when we have 2 practices before the gig. Yet we are also going to try All Along the Watchtower. I'm super excited about that one.
    I mentioned my wife's Mom died in Jan. we held services for her the day before my Birthday.

My wife's dad died the day after Valentines. She is hurt but has been a trooper.

Her parents have been divorced for 30 + years.

Anyway. We do services for him Saturday morning and I play RISE Fest Saturday night.

That's going to be a long day. I figure the services will be over around 2:00 in the afternoon. I'll have to load up make the hour drive to the venue. We play at 10:15-11:00.

So out bassist asked the promotors " why and how are you having a cover band as the headliners?"

They said it was because we were the only ones on the Illinois side of the river. Almost all the other acts and the other two bands are from the Missouri side.

4. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I mentioned my wife's Mom died in Jan. we held services for her the day before my Birthday.

My wife's dad died the day after Valentines. She is hurt but has been a trooper.

Her parents have been divorced for 30 + years.

Anyway. We do services for him Saturday morning and I play RISE Fest Saturday night.

That's going to be a long day. I figure the services will be over around 2:00 in the afternoon. I'll have to load up make the hour drive to the venue. We play at 10:15-11:00.

So out bassist asked the promotors " why and how are you having a cover band as the headliners?"

They said it was because we were the only ones on the Illinois side of the river. Almost all the other acts and the other two bands are from the Missouri side.
    Sorry to hear about the in-laws, Marty. Tell your wife that she is a trooper to have to go though both funerals that close together, and that we're thinking about her. That's a tough spot to be in,

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dudme View Post
    Sorry to hear about the in-laws, Marty. Tell your wife that she is a trooper to have to go though both funerals that close together, and that we're thinking about her. That's a tough spot to be in,
    Thank you very much. It means a lot and I will tell her.

Her mom didn't have much so the financial part was easy.

Her father had a small fortune and it's 10xs more stress trying to get everything in order.

It's been good seeing her step siblings again. They're all nice folks. Her step mothers is not doing well with the whole situation.

6. Reference Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    We do Jessie’s Girl. Crowds of any age love it.
    I’m playing with some guys that cover “The Outfield - Use your love.” Guy can whale!
    Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x10 10x9 14x6.5

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    I’m playing with some guys that cover “The Outfield - Use your love.” Guy can whale!
    We do that as well. That song smokes on drums.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Here's my parents. Illinois State Fair late 1940's early 1950's

Name:  image-1187563181.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  70.4 KB

If it's 1950 they wouldn't have therocker for another 20 years.

Just thought I'd share. I always loved this picture.

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I love the saddle shoes.

10. Vintage 1968

Love the pic Marty. I've tried to keep some of the older pics I have of my parents, too. Actually found one pic of my dad where he looks like my brother. It's the only time I've really seen a resemblance.

11. Registered User

Here's another oldie! therocker I'm guessing I'm 14 -15 here. Doing my best Eddie Van Halen with my generic Mustang while Stephen, Jon, Dee, Vince, Nikki, Bruce, Ozzy , Don and George cheer me on!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

12. Registered User

phx-az since 1978. The best sunsets occur during the monsoon season June-Sept.

Old school rock posters make me happy. Brings back some fond memories. Thanks for that
    "Now just a minute. This is a press conference. The last thing I want to do is answer a lot of questions."

United States Army General Maynard M. Mitchell
    Press briefing. Korea 1950