Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Installing a bass drum tom mount, Pearl BB-3 or other

Hi guys, hope you are doing well.

So, I have a ¨practice set¨ in my office, consisting on a 12¨ tom and a 14¨ floor tom (both with Aquarian Super-pads), Zildjian low volume hats, crash and crash-ride (with some rubber bands to reduce more the sound) and with a couple of bass drum practice pads (a Gibraltar and a Real Feel). But I don´t like the bass drum pads at all. So I am ordering a 22x14¨bass drum here in Perú (not as many options as in USA). I am going to stick a rubber on the batter side head (around all the head) and fill that bass drum with pillows so the volume would be minimum.
    I bought a couple of Pearl bass drum spurs for the bass drum (stability assured), but I also want to use the Pearl BB-3 bass drum tom mount to mount my 12¨ tom and my crash cymbal.

My question is... can I use the Pearl BB-3 on a 14¨ deep bass drum?, because of the space I need from the batter head to the BB-3. It seems to me that the Pearl tom mounting system needs more space than other systems, or I am wrong? If so, the BB-3 would be right in the front of the bass drum, without any space from the resonant head.

The other options would be:
    1) To use a Ludwig Atlas Pro Single Tom Holder Assembly and use a clamp with a short boom arm for the 18¨ ride-crash.
    2) To order the bass drum in 16¨ depth and use the Pearl BB-3.
    3) Any suggestions?

Many thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Kind regards.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Pearl Corporation USA

it will work. Eric Singer uses (2) 24 x 14 (depth) bass drums and uses BB3 mount
    Attached Images Attached Images   

KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

3. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    it will work. Eric Singer uses (2) 24 x 14 (depth) bass drums and uses BB3 mount
    Is that the kit Mark Wright helped build? He lives in Hendersonville and I actually bought my Granstars from him. Super nice guy, very knowledgeable about drums!

4. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Is that the kit Mark Wright helped build? He lives in Hendersonville and I actually bought my Granstars from him. Super nice guy, very knowledgeable about drums!
    No Billy Baker built the kit, we (Pearl provided current updated hardware requested) . John Aldridge designed the rack with our new ICON rack accessories.
    Last edited by AL PERCIVAL; 04-27-2019 at 08:12 AM.

KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!