Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. bangin since '95

Honestly I'd send them back and get something based on how you feel and play behind the kit.

I experienced the same thing when I upgraded to my first Pro kit a few years ago. I originally bought a DW Performance Series kit because I'd been salivating over DW's since I saw Neil's Red Sparkle kit when I was a kid. Of course I got it, spent a lot of money on it, and I wasn't too blown away by it. I don't really know what I was really expecting honestly, but it wouldn't tune up the way I wanted it to sound with any kind of heads on it. It was just determined that this kit was not for me, and that this wasn't "my sound".

I looked at everything from Pearl Masters kits, to Yamaha Live Custom, Gretsch Renown, Sonor SQ1, etc. But then I played a Tama Starclassic Full Bubinga, and that was it. That was the sound I was looking for. So I picked them up, ordered my component drums and I've been happy ever since.

So I'm not going to recommend you go out and buy Tama, but get the kit that makes you feel and sound good. Get the kit that puts a smile on your face every time you play it.
    Tama Starclassic Bubinga in Satin Aztec Gold Metallic -Sabian Cymbals-Pro-Mark Sticks-Remo Drumheads

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Who’s Marie Kondo?
    Im surprised someone with so much wisdom and insight, does not know what Google is. Interesting!?
    Pearl Session Studio Select (NWMP)
    Pearl EPro Live kit
    Pearl ELX Export Select (Scarlet Mist)
    Crush Sublime (Blue Brushed Metallic)
    DW Acrylic (clear)
    Ludwig Breakbeats
    Pearl, Mapex, Pork Pie, Ludwig Snares
    Sabian and Impression Cymbals