Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 44
  1. No comment.

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
    Thanks! I had a local cabinet builder paint the original hoops for me. The black hoops fit this finish so much better than the natural wood.
    That's a great idea! I live in Amish country and there's a ton of old-world wood-working craftsmen and artisans that would do a top-notch job. I agree totally...black hoops suit this finish much better!
    DW | PAISTE | Aquarian | Regal Tip | Roland
    DW Performance Series in Black Diamond Pearl
    |14 x 22| |14 x 16| |9 x 13| |6.5 x 14 DW Solid Aluminum snare|

  2. HERTA so good!

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paradiddlediddle666 View Post
    That's a great idea! I live in Amish country and there's a ton of old-world wood-working craftsmen and artisans that would do a top-notch job. I agree totally...black hoops suit this finish much better!
    Might be worth checking into.
    DW Drums | DW Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads


  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    46

    Default

    WOW! Really nice kit! I had a Pearl World series kit back in the late 80s that I had recovered from plain white to that finish and I loved it. The red heads contrast nicely with the Black Diamond Pearl wrap. Really digging the snare in that size as well. I have a Luddy Supralite in 8X14 and really love to pound that thing! What kind of pedals are those? Are they DWs or Axis?
    Last edited by Niteclub; 04-05-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    10 pc. Pearl Session Series SRX in #125 Teal lacquer. 4pc Tama Superstar classic maple kit in Silver Snow metallic lacquer. Zildjian Custom A 14" Projection hats, 17"Projection crash, 18" Sabian AAXplosion crash and 20"Sabian AA Rock ride. Tama Iron Cobra pedal/hi-hat, Pearl hardware.

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    md
    Posts
    3,853

    Default

    Looking good man.
    Congrats on the abode!


    Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

  5. More beer.

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Nice!

  6. HERTA so good!

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niteclub View Post
    WOW! Really nice kit! I had a Pearl World series kit back in the late 80s that I had recovered from plain white to that finish and I loved it. The red heads contrast nicely with the Black Diamond Pearl wrap. Really digging the snare in that size as well. I have a Luddy Supralite in 8X14 and really love to pound that thing! What kind of pedals are those? Are they DWs or Axis?
    Thank you! The pedals and hi hat are DW Machine Direct Drive(MDD) pedals. Absolutely love them!

    Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Looking good man.
    Congrats on the abode!
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks!
    DW Drums | DW Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads


  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Congrats on the new home . Love the kit and set ups. Cheers.

  8. HERTA so good!

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlnpaisteguy View Post
    Congrats on the new home . Love the kit and set ups. Cheers.
    Thank you!
    DW Drums | DW Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads


  9. HERTA so good!

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    As an update, I've replaced all of the red hydraulics with UV1s. Really enjoying the fresh sound. I went ahead and dropped a UV1 on my cherry/mahogany snare drum as well. Oh my goodness !

    I also have some new mics and a recording interface on the way so I can hopefully start capturing some audio in the near future.

    Obligatory pics
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    DW Drums | DW Hardware | Sabian | Pro-Mark | Evans Drumheads


  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Great set up!

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North AL
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Wow, that is one hunk of snare!! Great looking kit, the white batters enhance for sure.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks


  12. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drumminjc View Post
    As an update, I've replaced all of the red hydraulics with UV1s. Really enjoying the fresh sound. I went ahead and dropped a UV1 on my cherry/mahogany snare drum as well. Oh my goodness !

    I also have some new mics and a recording interface on the way so I can hopefully start capturing some audio in the near future.

    Obligatory pics
    There's a HUGE difference between hydraulics and UV1s, it must sound (and feel) like night and day. Have you reached for any dampening devices yet?

    As far as recording, what DAW are you considering working with?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •