Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Threaded View

1. Registered User

Default Monolith Percussion Custom kit.

The title says it all. I've finally been able to create a custom kit. It's going to be a slow, piece by piece process but when it's completed, it's going to be incredible! I choose the Monolith Percussion fiberglass shells because I was looking for something different. I own enough wood shell kits and as I said, I was on the hunt for a different sound. A different feel. A different vibe. Bill at Monolith is just as excited to design and build these drums as I am to play them.

So far, I only have the two 24x16 bass drums and the 15x12 tom. The full kit (for now) will be similar to those 70's/80's Cobham kits in terms of sizes. Anyway, I went with (2) 24x16 bass drums, 12x8, 13x9, 14x10, 15x12 toms, 16x16, 18x16, 20x16 floor toms and a 14x8 snare drum. Down the road, knowing how I am, I'll probably be adding a set of 6, 8 and 10 toms.

I went with a nice, simple white finish. I think it's actually called "Arctic White". But this finish is BEAUTIFUL!!!

He also outfitted the bass drums with Tama Starclassic spurs and all of the toms/floor toms will have the new style of Tama tom mount.

Here's some pictures of the kit so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images