Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Nice kit. Has sort of a late 70's early 80's vibe to it.

Attachment 516613
    I more or less copied the sizes from Billy Cobham's kits of that era. Not that I can play anything like him but, I try. Haha.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    dude i'm in love with your floor tom sizes
    so as you said, you had to buy these a bit at a time, could i ask how much it set you back? especially how much was 20 inch floor tom ?
    i started drumming on a tama fiberstar kit , in sizes you'd love (13x9,14x11,15x13,16x14and 18x16 with 14x14 bass) and i think it would be cool to come full circle and get a nice,NEW fiberglass kit
    I would need to dig out the paperwork, if I still have it, to find the final price. Or, final price as of now. I'm looking at doing a 12x5 snare as well as 8x7 & 10x7 toms. If I'm going from memory, I'm probably up around $6,500. Maybe $7,500. However, I got different things for a few pieces than what is normally offered. Example being the Starclassic bass drum spurs. Normally the standard Gibraltar ones are used. I also had 24" floor tom legs ordered instead of 21" legs.
    Last edited by TamaThumper92; 03-08-2020 at 07:58 AM.

3. Music Lover

Enjoy that extra nice drum set. May it give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex Saturn (snare, bass drum, and toms); Mapex MPX (snare); Sabian AAX, AA, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

4. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by TamaThumper92 View Post
    I would need to dig out the paperwork, if I still have it, to find the final price. Or, final price as of now. I'm looking at doing a 12x5 snare as well as 8x6 & 10x7 toms. If I'm going from memory, I'm probably up around $6,500. Maybe $7,500. However, I got different things for a few pieces than what is normally offered. Example being the Starclassic bass drum spurs. Normally the standard Gibraltar ones are used. I also had 24" floor tom legs ordered instead of 21" legs.
    wow ..
    thanks for the info
    yeah , its seems like fibre glass kits run very similar in prices
    ..theirs a company called jenkins -martin , and man those guys kits sound phenomenal ... im not sure if they do custom bits though .but yeah ,it makes me think, maybe i shoulda done more maintenance, and held onto my first kit a lil longer lol
    the advantages of fibre kits is , if you like the sound, GREAT because , they will always sound like that,, they dont really change over time, like wood shells , 'lol. they are also water proof. so, weather doesn't bother them too much, nor do sh.....crappy floody, basements ..lol(keep your cymbals up still ) and that sound is always consistent. so yeah, not just a fad , these are quality instruments that get less respect then they deserve

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

wow ..
    thanks for the info
    yeah , its seems like fibre glass kits run very similar in prices
    ..theirs a company called jenkins -martin , and man those guys kits sound phenomenal ... im not sure if they do custom bits though .but yeah ,it makes me think, maybe i shoulda done more maintenance, and held onto my first kit a lil longer lol
    the advantages of fibre kits is , if you like the sound, GREAT because , they will always sound like that,, they dont really change over time, like wood shells , 'lol. they are also water proof. so, weather doesn't bother them too much, nor do sh.....crappy floody, basements ..lol(keep your cymbals up still ) and that sound is always consistent. so yeah, not just a fad , these are quality instruments that get less respect then they deserve
    Jerry Jenkins was a great guy. He took his fascination with Blaemire Drums, a kit he found in his neighbor’s trash, to a new level. I bought one of his drums as a tribute to Jerry. It’s the only other brand besides GMS I would consider buying right now. They are great sounding drums.

He also had the only other GMS titanium kit. He called me before he passed to see if I wanted his too. I just couldn’t justify it.

My snare:

Name:  917EF706-2D2C-43EF-803D-F163745DDCD4.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  867CCF38-91A0-4B11-B833-E2B269C1F533.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  C52DCA0D-844D-4835-9A95-12751F8CE12A.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  57.9 KB

6. Registered User

Now that snare looks like a very cool collectors item! Very unique!

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Now that snare looks like a very cool collectors item! Very unique!
    It sounds great too.

8. th droids yerlookn4

oh, they arent collectors items ,,,
    mr jenkins son and his partner there , are still putting these drums out. some drummer who played on austin city limits had a new one like a year or so ago

i remember reading his review , but for life of me the names escapes me.

9. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Jerry Jenkins was a great guy. He took his fascination with Blaemire Drums, a kit he found in his neighbor’s trash, to a new level. I bought one of his drums as a tribute to Jerry. It’s the only other brand besides GMS I would consider buying right now. They are great sounding drums.

He also had the only other GMS titanium kit. He called me before he passed to see if I wanted his too. I just couldn’t justify it.

My snare:

Name:  917EF706-2D2C-43EF-803D-F163745DDCD4.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  867CCF38-91A0-4B11-B833-E2B269C1F533.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  51.7 KB

Name:  C52DCA0D-844D-4835-9A95-12751F8CE12A.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  57.9 KB
    thats sick , and you kept the original finish , all nice and translucent , awesome

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

oh, they arent collectors items ,,,
    mr jenkins son and his partner there , are still putting these drums out. some drummer who played on austin city limits had a new one like a year or so ago

i remember reading his review , but for life of me the names escapes me.
    It started out when Jerry unknowingly trash picked an original Blaemire kit. He looked inside, saw the green fiberglass, and decided to rip off the beaten wrap.

At first he was just scouring the earth for any Blaemire he could get his hands on. He’d refurbish them, sometimes wrapping them and sometimes not. Due to his obsession with their sound, he researched and found Allen Blaemire.

Blaemire was honored by Jerry’s love for his drums that after becoming new friends with him, he taught Jerry how the drums were made. Jerry eventually told me to keep it on the low that he was starting his own company. After an eight year battle, Jerry past from cancer. It’s a shame he’s not here to continue hearing the live & respect for his work.

11. Registered User

I now have the 8x7 & 10x7 toms. It's getting close to being finished. I think...

Name:  87482247_492739061373571_8790618291820298240_n.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  58.2 KB

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drumolator View Post
    Enjoy that extra nice drum set. May it give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.
    Thanks! I'm hoping to keep this kit for life. It sounds and looks incredible.