Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default No recent love for the Prestige Sessions here?

All I'm seeing is a smattering of posts on the new Sessions. No offense mind you as they look like a great kit for sure. While I have your attention: Does anyone play a Prestige Session snare in here? The one I got with the monster kit I just purchased sounds incredible to my ear. It's the original 6.5 X 14 that came with the kit. I slapped some Gibralter 42 strand wires on it and it absolutely KILLS with a coated vintage Emp on top and Ambo snare side reso. I think I even like it better than my 8X14 Ludwig chrome Supralite which is a great snare in it's own right (especially for $200!) Anybody?
    Last edited by Niteclub; 03-26-2019 at 02:10 PM.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Niteclub View Post
    All I'm seeing is a smattering of posts on the new Sessions. No offense mind you as they look like a great kit for sure. While I have your attention: Does anyone play a Prestige Session snare in here? The one I got with the monster kit I just purchased sounds incredible to my ear. It's the original 6.5 X 14 that came with the kit. I slapped some Gibralter 42 strand wires on it and it absolutely KILLS with a coated vintage Emp on top and Ambo snare side reso. I think I even like it better than my 8X14 Ludwig chrome Supralite which is a great snare in it's own right (especially for $200!) Anybody?
    Would love to see pics of your session kit. Sadly never played a session snare so I can’t contribute.

By the way Hello from a fellow Upstate New Yorker. I’m in Albany
    Drum sets -
    Pearl Forum Series Red Sparkle - 22x18 kick,13x9 tom,16x16 floor tom

Electronics - Shure Mics, Presonus Audio, M-Audio Monitors

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DrumPlayerFTW View Post
    Would love to see pics of your session kit. Sadly never played a session snare so I can’t contribute.

By the way Hello from a fellow Upstate New Yorker. I’m in Albany
    Name:  thumbnail.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  65.8 KBHello DrumPlayerFTD! I'm south of you in Saugerties. Here are two recent pics of BIG TEAL. My 20 yr old mid-life crises kit. Overall it's in great shape and came with the aforementioned 6.5X14 matching snare that I have really been digging!
    10 pc. Pearl Session Series SRX in #125 Teal lacquer. 4pc Tama Superstar classic maple kit in Silver Snow metallic lacquer. Zildjian Custom A 14" Projection hats, 17"Projection crash, 18" Sabian AAXplosion crash and 20"Sabian AA Rock ride. Tama Iron Cobra pedal/hi-hat, Pearl hardware.

4. Registered User

Name:  bigteal.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  82.0 KB
    10 pc. Pearl Session Series SRX in #125 Teal lacquer. 4pc Tama Superstar classic maple kit in Silver Snow metallic lacquer. Zildjian Custom A 14" Projection hats, 17"Projection crash, 18" Sabian AAXplosion crash and 20"Sabian AA Rock ride. Tama Iron Cobra pedal/hi-hat, Pearl hardware.

5. Registered User

Name:  thumbnail.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  65.8 KBHello DrumPlayerFTD! I'm south of you in Saugerties. Here are two recent pics of BIG TEAL. My 20 yr old mid-life crises kit. Overall it's in great shape and came with the aforementioned 6.5X14 matching snare that I have really been digging!
    Ohh man.. She’s a beauty. I have a 19 year old Pearl Forum Series 6ply 100% Poplar shell 22,13,16 that I totally refinished an wrapped in a beautiful Delmar Red Sparkle And paired with a 14x6.5 Pearl Sensitone Premium Beaded Patina Brass Snare Drum w/ Mastercast Diecast Hoops, Demon Chain Double Pedal And all pearl 1030/2050 hardware. Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Drum sets -
    Pearl Forum Series Red Sparkle - 22x18 kick,13x9 tom,16x16 floor tom

Electronics - Shure Mics, Presonus Audio, M-Audio Monitors

6. Registered User

I have a 1998 Prestige Session Select in black mist, but when I bought it, I decided to upgrade the snare to a Masters Custom 14 x 6.5 in the same finish.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DrumPlayerFTW View Post
    Ohh man.. She’s a beauty. I have a 19 year old Pearl Forum Series 6ply 100% Poplar shell 22,13,16 that I totally refinished an wrapped in a beautiful Delmar Red Sparkle And paired with a 14x6.5 Pearl Sensitone Premium Beaded Patina Brass Snare Drum w/ Mastercast Diecast Hoops, Demon Chain Double Pedal And all pearl 1030/2050 hardware. Zildjian A Custom Cymbals
    Thanks! Your kit sounds nice too. I've played some pretty decent poplar sets myself in the past. Most recently a black sparkle wrapped Ludwig Accent Drive kit and before that a really nice sounding PDP 7 pc in Tangerine sparkle wrap.

8. Registered User

Hey Bodgit, Do you still have the Session snare or did you sell it off? If you haven't heard it in a while, I urge you to take another listen. Even though it isn't pure malple like your Masters, I honestly believe the mixed maple/mahogany (luan) shell adds some more bottom end warmth making it sound like an 8" depth snare to my ears anyway.

9. Registered User

Hey Bodgit, Do you still have the Session snare or did you sell it off? If you haven't heard it in a while, I urge you to take another listen. Even though it isn't pure malple like your Masters, I honestly believe the mixed maple/mahogany (luan) shell adds some more bottom end warmth making it sound like an 8" depth snare to my ears anyway.
    I never had the session snare, I ordered the Masters in place of the supplied session snare from new back in 1998.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

10. Drummer since 1963

There was a Prestige Session snare in the shop when I bought my Prestige Session kit. I didn't have the extra cake at the time to buy it with the kit. Great sounding snare though. Kinda hurt not to be able to get it too. It sold before I could get it.
    There's a another 16x22 matching kick that goes with the kit. 'Goes" is the operative word since I plan to sell these drums after I get a Session Studio Select in Antique Crimson Burst later this year.

Last edited by Ron Gerber; 04-15-2019 at 09:09 AM.