Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    green?
    I think he has always liked green. I remember him winning a "fastest hands" or something way back in the day on a total green Pearl kit.
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle
    8X8 10X9 12X9 16X16 22X18
    PAISTE Signatures / Aquarian heads / ProMark sticks

2. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    What is a center pedal?
    https://media.sweetwater.com/api/i/f....jpg.auto.webp

Offset? I guess

3. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    For this tour DT are sporting a multi tier Maiden-like stage and MM's cymbals are way higher than ear level, as seen here:

That being said, I can't deny that that the drum and cymbal arrangement looks pretty impressive, when looked at from below (front row audience point of view, where that photographer was).
    Makes this all the more strange then
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

4. life start at 125bpm

anyhow,on top of being good for labrie,s ears (unfortunately not for its voice) ,it's good show too.

the more i think bout it, the centered bass's beaters in relation to both pedals makes total sens ; with such BD's pedals arrangement , it is imo another step toward ''perfect ergonomics''''

i personnally will try this,with my hats dead center over the racks (like in my current set up anyways)...in my c ase it would be snare center to bass drum,hats center to bass drum and snare with the racks evenly divided by the center line.
    Last edited by rollracer; 03-22-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    I think it was stated on the forum a few months ago that considering the modular nature of the Demon Drive, you can create a centered pedal.

I can't wait for the fallout with everyone screaming about his cymbal placement like they did when the video of them recording the album came out. I think its a nice looking kit overall.
    If you read the comments on the YT page for Untethered Angel, you'll have a couple chuckles. Many viewers take pokes at MM's unorthodox drum set-up, specifically the cymbals.

As far as the drapery, I'm sure it might be hiding the pedal set-up on purpose, but it could also be to some aid the mic'ing of the low toms on each side of him. In the official video, his "floor" toms on both sides are mostly two-headed. However, in these new pics, the toms on each side appear to all be one-headed, and mic'ed from below. Draping off the bottom like that might help the mics pick up a more cavernous resonance from the lower drums.

Regardless, it has us all talking about it, so win/win for MM and Pearl!

Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Similar to a sleishman design I assume, http://www.sleishman.com/sleishman-d...ny/twin-pedal/
    Thanks.

I have seen those before. I didn’t know what they were called.

7. a.k.a. YtseJam

I don't think a flimsy black drape can isolate anything sound-wise.

8. a.k.a. YtseJam

BTW I just noticed that the rocket toms/octobans/quarter toms/whatever are not mic'ed from the bottom, like they usually are.

9. Registered User

Looks a little like lime sparkle fade but lighter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    The bottom of the kit is draped off, presumably not to show the middle pedal he is using. Could it be a not yet released prototype?
    I just assumed it was to hide a mess of cables and pedals and whatnot *shrug*

11. Join Date
    Dec 2002

I was out with them for a bit in 2017 and the cymbal positioning was a bit of contention for bleed into mics/shooting frequencies into LaBrie and Jordan's faces. Back then they got around it by putting perspex shields on his rack to stop it but the riser wasn't that high for that run.

He even suggested this solution on that run for future consideration and its good to see they went through with it. He's a good guy and enjoys a bit of showmanship so this suits him massively.

As for that little drape, you guys are probably right about the centered pedal. He has a lot going on at his feet at the best of times and having that all out may distract from the rest of the show. It'd also allow his tech to sit with more comfort behind him. Poor guy was laying under the rider on my rin!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Crack? That's a sinkhole! ;)

12. life start at 125bpm

so,he's goin to always play while looking high up to his cymbals like he doesn in the vid?

LOL!
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes