Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Tuning toms to notes or perfect 4th's with a Tune-Bot

Here is a video I made tuning my toms to perfect 4th's using the Tune-bot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB0_D7O5CQQ&t=

A few quick points

1- These heads were replaced over a year ago when I recorded an album. They have been used almost daily for a year and still worked out pretty good.

2- I tuned my drums over 4 days ago and have played a lot so they are not in perfect tune now. (still sound good)

3- I did minimal processing. There is a slight limiter/compressor on the main channel to prevent clipping. I put some small EQ on the toms to make it represent the natural sound more. There is a dip at 500hz, and a small boost around 100-200hz. as well as 6000 I think. Noting too crazy. It sounded fantastic while playing these in the room.

I am sold on tuning to specific notes now in the same scale.. I'm going to try many more combos. Keep an eye out for a snare video as well.

2. Thrash metal drummer

This is cool. I started doing the same thing after watching Ken Sharretts videos. I like the results much more than the Tune-bots suggested tunings.

3. Empowered Individual

Sounds good, well done. One of these days ill Give into my ego and get one of those....