Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Skeld-the -wicked

Default I looked at these 2 snares today

If only I had $750 cash with me today. I need to stay out of this store for my own good ! Snare overload ,you would think I would be happy with what I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

2. Registered User

450 is a nice price for the 20 ply. I had a 6.5x14 and wish I hadn't sold it. Cool drums.

Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

3. Registered User

Go with the Reference 20ply that is a unheard of price for a used Reference Series Snare Drum
    Drum sets -
    Pearl Forum Series Red Sparkle - 22x18 kick,13x9 tom,16x16 floor tom

Electronics - Shure Mics, Presonus Audio, M-Audio Monitors

4. Registered User

^^^ I agree. The 20 ply is a great snare and that's a great price assuming it's not beat to hell.

5. Skeld-the -wicked

I agree about the Ref but I just spent about that amount on a new Redline single pedal & a new K 18 Dark Thin Crash besides someone will snap that ref up before me anyway at that price.
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    I agree about the Ref but I just spent about that amount on a new Redline single pedal & a new K 18 Dark Thin Crash besides someone will snap that ref up before me anyway at that price.
    Could you please do a honest review on the Redline kick pedal? I was thinking about buying one as a back up to my Demon Drive if it ever breaks
    Drum sets -

7. Skeld-the -wicked

After owning Eliminator pedals for many years they never let me down but I will say the Redline’s are smoother and just feel better. It must be due to the ninja bearings & the redisigned spring tension mechanism . I would suggest the Redline pedal to anyone Looking. I was going to buy a Demon Drive but decided on The Redline.
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    After owning Eliminator pedals for many years they never let me down but I will say the Redline’s are smoother and just feel better. It must be due to the ninja bearings & the redisigned spring tension mechanism . I would suggest the Redline pedal to anyone Looking. I was going to buy a Demon Drive but decided on The Redline.
    I bought the P3002C and only reason I jumped on it was because I got a hell of a deal on it. Was a open box just to take photos and the music store discounted it $175 off retail. So I got it for $400. But now I am wanting a backup pedal incase my demon drive ever fails and I absolutely love the Redline series one of my friends has a double redline and it just looks sick under lighting
    Drum sets -

9. life start at 125bpm

would jump of the root beer fade ref if i hadn't one already . best snare drum in that specific class of snare drum.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    would jump of the root beer fade ref if i hadn't one already . best snare drum in that specific class of snare drum.
    Iím going with a Reference Series Brass 14x6.5 the minute I find a pre owned that the owner isnít high on drugs trying to get near retail for it
    Drum sets -

11. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by DrumPlayerFTW View Post
    I’m going with a Reference Series Brass 14x6.5 the minute I find a pre owned that the owner isn’t high on drugs trying to get near retail for it
    i'm looking specifically for one myself since years....they're rare on the used market.i'm hunting the 14X5 version though.....most of the sellers want 90% of the price for a BNI. people aren't dumb,they know how special those snare drums really are....to me,those ref brass are in the same class than the various iiterations of the tama bell brass.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

12. Skeld-the -wicked

Quote Originally Posted by DrumPlayerFTW View Post
    I’m going with a Reference Series Brass 14x6.5 the minute I find a pre owned that the owner isn’t high on drugs trying to get near retail for it
    Pm D4L (Matt) . He has some Pearl Snares you might be interested in . I bought 2 Sensitone Snares from him and they were In perfect brand new condition. He has at least 3 Pearl Snares on his site.
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks