Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Yamaha Live Custom Hybrid Oak

Here are some pics of my new Yamaha Live Custom Hybrid Oak Kit in Uzu Charcoal Sunburst! These drums sound and look absolutely amazing. Literally night and day coming from my Tour Customs. The toms have some of the cleanest tone Iíve ever heard and are super present and resonant. I was able to tune them with no issues whatsoever. The snare is really bright and sensitive. The bass drum as advertised has a ton of sonic girth for being just a 20. This kit is a gem and definitely worth every penny. Iím really glad I didnít unload them after my brief buyerís remorse episode 😂🤦🏾*♂️

Sizes: 10x7, 12x8, 14x13, 20x16, 14x5.5

HUGE thanks to Shane Kinney at Drum Center of Portsmouth for helping me out!! 🙌🏾🥁
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. Registered User

3. Registered User

4. Registered User

WOW!!! Pics do not do this finish justice.. Beautiful
    Drum sets -
    Pearl Forum Series Red Sparkle - 22x18 kick,13x9 tom,16x16 floor tom

Electronics - Shure Mics, Presonus Audio, M-Audio Monitors

5. Registered User

Agreed! Way more striking in person! I’m in love ����

6. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Forgive my ignorance, but what's with the lug bits inside the shell?

7. Registered User

From Yamaha's website: "Designed with the Absolute lug in mind, the weights studded in the bass drum at the lug points attenuate low-mid frequencies resulting in a tight, focused bass drum sound."

I can definitely hear the difference. My bass drum sounds CAVERNOUS!

8. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by teflonminds88 View Post
    From Yamaha's website: "Designed with the Absolute lug in mind, the weights studded in the bass drum at the lug points attenuate low-mid frequencies resulting in a tight, focused bass drum sound."

I can definitely hear the difference. My bass drum sounds CAVERNOUS!
    Words like "attenuate," "tight," and "focused" make me think punchy, not cavernous. The latter I would associate with boomy (which I like in a bass drum).

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Words like "attenuate," "tight," and "focused" make me think punchy, not cavernous. The latter I would associate with boomy (which I like in a bass drum).
    I can see how that could come across as misleading. I've yet to play it in a more open space to see if their description is true. Right now it's in a small room and I had to control the tone a bit with a small pillow due to the boominess (if that's even a word lol). Way more resonant than my previous Tour Custom.

10. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by teflonminds88 View Post
    I can see how that could come across as misleading. I've yet to play it in a more open space to see if their description is true. Right now it's in a small room and I had to control the tone a bit with a small pillow due to the boominess (if that's even a word lol). Way more resonant than my previous Tour Custom.
    And it's apparently been a bad drum kit and has been told to stand in the corner and think about what it's done.

Seriously- why do people always aim their kits at the wall? Aside from looking odd, it 100% affects the sound of the kit. You will have no real idea of what the drums actually sound like with it set up like that.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    And it's apparently been a bad drum kit and has been told to stand in the corner and think about what it's done.

Seriously- why do people always aim their kits at the wall? Aside from looking odd, it 100% affects the sound of the kit. You will have no real idea of what the drums actually sound like with it set up like that.
    I put it in time out for sounding too good lol

But seriously my drum space is very small so I'm just making due. i had a tour custom faced the same way and I can hear a noticeable difference in the sonic girth even with the kit facing the wall. I'll get out in the open tomorrow but you can still get an idea of how great these drums sound even in these conditions. Check out my review on them here

12. Playing since 1976

Really nice-looking drums! Congratulations. What is that center ply I see in the shells? Is that fiberglass or carbon fiber?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE