Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. kottonmouth king

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Please explain the red hydraulic heads.
    Dead.....I honestly don’t really like them but didn’t exactly have the opportunity to try them out before hand. You really need to tighten them down to get any desirable sound out of them �� however I like the red hydraulic on the 12” rack in combination with my 22” bass drum. That is of course just my opinion though, they are very durable and if someone who had great tuning abilities had them I’m sure they could make them sing! I’m just a regular dude though

"Smudge got her stitches out and so had to have a collar attached tofday." -Maark

2. kottonmouth king

Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    I had a snare come into my possession with a regular 7mil Diplomat head on the snare side.
    The snare sounded neat upside down - really dry and crisp.
    If you have an extra batter head lying around, try it out.

Also, I'm pretty sure the "schtp" sound you hear in this song is a stick or something being raked across the wires on a snare.

I’m not 100% sure that this drummer is scratching the snares on this track but the sound I get from mine when I do it is almost identical to that so that’s the perfect example for anyone wondering what I’m doing there. And if you rub your stick back and forth you get a more scratchy record sound

"Smudge got her stitches out and so had to have a collar attached tofday." -Maark

3. Looks That Kill

Nice kit, how does that 18 " kick sound???
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Bombay Sparkle
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black

4. kottonmouth king

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    Nice kit, how does that 18 " kick sound???
    It sounds really good, I’m using the stock reso head and a kickport on it with an Evans gmad on the batter. Kickport doesn’t have a whole lot to offer in my opinion on an 18” bass drum but the holes cut so it’s in there for now, the gmad is deadly on this kick though using the largest muffle ring and nothing inside the drum itself