Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Tension rods for 14x5.5 snare

Currently the snare takes 1 3/4
    However I'm 11 short....

I have plenty of different mm tension rods and I know those came as a 47mm

Is there a mm of closer number that might work. Only ones ive found are 52mm and 1 3/8ths inch.
    Everything else seems to be 2 inches or more

Any help would be appreciated.

The snare is Mapex V Series 14x5.5 basswood snare.

2. Registered User

I actually struggle to follow your post.
    However,
    https://drumsonsale.com/catalogsearc...q=tension+rods

Please be aware that the measurements may be the length of the THREAD, not the length of the overall ROD.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

3. Registered User

Edit: I meant to thank you for your response. My apologies.

I was basically saying what size tension rod would work with a snare that at one time used 47mm sized tension rods, it's 1 and 3/4ths or you could say 1.75 inches. I wondered if I could use a slight size smaller like a 42mm. When I look the sizes up I get all sorts of measurements from inches to millimeters, etc...

I have a buddy who has plenty of extra rods he will send me but he doesnt have the exact size I need. I remember when I had a problem using the original tension rods on my 8in tom. Someone on here suggested using smaller rods and it worked perfectly. Just trying to see if theres a cheaper way such as using smaller or longer rods.

Sorry if my explanation wasnt clear. I'm sure its an odd question to be asked and even harder to word properly. I know I can go to drumfactorydirect and order 1 3/4" tension rods. But I was looking to use hardware thats stored and can maybe be used rather than buying new ones.

4. Registered User

So you know what size you need and now are sourcing it..?

As you have said, there is often flexibility in the lengths that the lugs take.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

5. Registered User

Yes... Actually I followed your chart... I waa measuring wrong. Measuring from the threads down its 1 1/4 in. I was measuring from the inner part under the washer and bolt used to tighten the tension rod. Probably why I couldn't find the proper size. Ive got the correct measurement and will order the correct size.