Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. This is just a tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I don't think BKF is a bad option at all, if you're happy with the results. I'd be concerned with using it on brilliant finish cymbals, as it might start to dull them over years of cleaning, but it is supposed to be non-abrasive. I'm surprised it bothers the logos. The painted logos are inconsistent. I've had cymbals in the past where a logo wipes off clean, in one pass... swoop... gone. Then I've had other cymbals where the logos fight coming off, even with acetone. It just depends on how well the logo ink/paint adhered.
    For me with BKF, it's just one of those things where I don't want to take the chance of pulling off the logos. I recently cleaned up a set of used Zildjian New Beats I'd picked up on a fairly good deal ($150 for the pair) and BKF made them look virtually brand new, although I didn't scrub much at all on the logos.

Same thing with a 1983/84 era Sabian AA Rock Ride that I have - I cleaned the cymbal up with BKF, but I leave the logos alone on that one, due to the fact that they are logos that fell out of use shortly after that cymbal was made - it was made before Sabian went to the logo showing the half-cymbal.

I've got a set of AAX Stage cymbals in brilliant finish, and although the ghost of the logos are still there, the logos themselves are long gone. I've actually gone as far as to polish the 20" ride, although it's been a while and off of the top of my head, I'm not sure what I used. Brasso, maybe? I'm not sure.
    Patrick G.

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems could be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." -- Anonymous

"Let's be honest... drummers don't have piles of money laying around, just piles of drums." -- Gord the Drummer

2. Registered User

hello all! My 2nd post since signing up a few days ago. I'd like to get more feedback regarding my 1st post about the Vintage 70's Chrome Wood Fiberglass 5-piece drum kit -in mint condition for it's age (50 years old) I just bought for $500.00 In your opinion was that too much I paid...or not? I am completing the kit by adding a brand new Ludwig Series 400 hardware set with 3 like new Zildjian cymbals and Zildjian hi-hats. Thank you for your feedback. Now about cymbal polish...this guy who sells cymbals galore recommended Zimm's polish (have not ever used it and some other drum set/cymbal seller told me he uses KETCHUP??? (thought that was only for french fries and burgers...scares me to think what it and coca-cola are doing to my stomach lining!) What other crazy things have you used or heard of being used? TR8drummer (If any of you care to hear one of my bongo/conga and our drummer's drum solo be my guest: go to youtube and in the search put "The Power of Source" rendition of Summertime. Now listen guys...we were only together one month when we recorded that album (prematurely in my opinion) and it has gotten very mixed reviews...but that being said let me know what you think of the percussion solos. Our drummer's name is Charlie Rush (and rush he did sometimes! LOL) RIP Neil Peart

3. More IS More

Quote Originally Posted by tr8drummer View Post
    hello all! My 2nd post since signing up a few days ago. I'd like to get more feedback regarding my 1st post about the Vintage 70's Chrome Wood Fiberglass 5-piece drum kit -in mint condition for it's age (50 years old) I just bought for $500.00 In your opinion was that too much I paid...or not? I am completing the kit by adding a brand new Ludwig Series 400 hardware set with 3 like new Zildjian cymbals and Zildjian hi-hats. Thank you for your feedback. Now about cymbal polish...this guy who sells cymbals galore recommended Zimm's polish (have not ever used it and some other drum set/cymbal seller told me he uses KETCHUP??? (thought that was only for french fries and burgers...scares me to think what it and coca-cola are doing to my stomach lining!) What other crazy things have you used or heard of being used? TR8drummer (If any of you care to hear one of my bongo/conga and our drummer's drum solo be my guest: go to youtube and in the search put "The Power of Source" rendition of Summertime. Now listen guys...we were only together one month when we recorded that album (prematurely in my opinion) and it has gotten very mixed reviews...but that being said let me know what you think of the percussion solos. Our drummer's name is Charlie Rush (and rush he did sometimes! LOL) RIP Neil Peart
    wanna hear crazy? I use oven cleaner and then CLR. YMMV

If you have a 18x16 kick (Export series badge NOT ELX) in color blue mist (#273)
    PM ME

I'm also looking for pc-50s, and CH-80s
    the biggest blue mist export EVER