Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 318
  1. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADman2B View Post
    Thanks for the info. I guess for now I'll just take the links out. Maybe I'll eventually do a website similar to yours to showcase the drums better. Oh well.....
    My snare page needs updating, many going out and coming in. Just sold one today!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Pearl LMP1355S/C227 13x5.5 Limited Edition Snare Drum in Satin Black

    Pearl LMP1355S/C227 13x5.5 Limited Edition Snare Drum in Satin Black

    Name:  LMP1355SC227.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  45.8 KB

    This was the January 2017 Snare Club drum. Also released in 2017 was the Modern Utility series of snare drums which has a very similar option. The only differences between this drum and a Modern Utility alternative is 1/2" in depth, the lugs, and the badge.

    This drum is 6-Ply Maple (5.4mm) with NDL55 (decade maple) Lugs, SR700 throw-off, and RH1308 hoops.

    While this drum is unremarkable, it is currently the only 13x5.5 wood drum I have in my collection.
    Last edited by ADman2B; 02-27-2019 at 01:30 PM.

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Pearl SF1465 14x6.5 Steve Ferrone Signature Snare Drum

    Pearl SF1465 14x6.5 Steve Ferrone Signature Snare Drum

    Name:  SF1465.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  64.1 KB

    The Steve Ferrone signature snare drum was available from 1999-2005. The shell is black nickel-plated brass. It has gold SuperHoops and a unique version of the TB65 tube lugs with gold posts and chrome tubes. Similarly the SR017 throw-off is mostly chrome but with gold tension knob and screws.

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADman2B View Post
    Pearl SF1465 14x6.5 Steve Ferrone Signature Snare Drum

    Name:  SF1465.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  64.1 KB

    The Steve Ferrone signature snare drum was available from 1999-2005. The shell is black nickel-plated brass. It has gold SuperHoops and a unique version of the TB65 tube lugs with gold posts and chrome tubes. Similarly the SR017 throw-off is mostly chrome but with gold tension knob and screws.
    I like the gold touches on that one.
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Pearl 12x5.5 Masterworks Snare Drum in Natural Maple

    Pearl 12x5.5 Masterworks Snare Drum in Natural Maple

    Name:  MW1255C102.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  66.4 KB

    I got this drum second-hand in 2018. It was built in 2017. It has CL55 lugs, SR150 Click-Lock throw-off, and SuperHoops. The shell is 8-Ply (10mm) maple.

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADman2B View Post
    Pearl 12x5.5 Masterworks Snare Drum in Natural Maple

    Name:  MW1255C102.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  66.4 KB

    I got this drum second-hand in 2018. It was built in 2017. It has CL55 lugs, SR150 Click-Lock throw-off, and SuperHoops. The shell is 8-Ply (10mm) maple.
    Nice. I have one of these in the ES Comet Sparkle finish with the RFP lugs and Fat Tone hoops.

    MM
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Nice. I have one of these in the ES Comet Sparkle finish with the RFP lugs and Fat Tone hoops.

    MM
    Nice! This is not how I would have customized this drum if I had ordered it new, but I got a smokin' deal. Yours sounds much more interesting to me.

  8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,567

    Default

    Wow. Someone likes a Pearl. I would figure with a collection that extensive there would be a lot of different brands.

  9. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Wow. Someone likes a Pearl. I would figure with a collection that extensive there would be a lot of different brands.
    Yep... already mentioned.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Wow. Someone likes a Pearl. I would figure with a collection that extensive there would be a lot of different brands.
    As I mentioned on page one, my collection is pretty focused on Pearl and some Ludwig. Kind of like someone who collects Van Gogh paintings wouldn't necessarily have Monets. I certainly appreciate other drums and may venture into other brands at some point, but for now, I'm happy collecting with this focus.

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ADman2B View Post
    As I mentioned on page one, my collection is pretty focused on Pearl and some Ludwig. Kind of like someone who collects Van Gogh paintings wouldn't necessarily have Monets. I certainly appreciate other drums and may venture into other brands at some point, but for now, I'm happy collecting with this focus.
    I can relate ...

    I have about 30 snare drums (and all of them are Pearl) including a number of custom snare drums that have all Pearl hardware and specifications
    2019 Masterworks / Matte Black

    18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

    2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

    16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Ludwig LM402 14x6.5 75th Anniversary Supraphonic Snare Drum

    Ludwig LM402 14x6.5 75th Anniversary Supraphonic Snare Drum

    Name:  LM402.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  59.3 KB

    While the last 402 I posted recognized the 50th anniversary of the Supraphonic, this drum was made in 1984 with a badge to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Ludwig as a company. The specs are the same--a seamless aluminum smooth shell with Imperial Lugs and P-85 throw-off. This drum also has the addition of a P40662 internal tone control.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •