Views: 96
Size:  83.9 KB
    WANTED ::: Tom Mapex ProM 8" Blue Ice ::: WANTED

2. Masterworks / Sabian

Looks awesome. Thanks

3. th droids yerlookn4

i would love to see your full specs neilrush

4. Registered User

I did something similar a few years back.

5. Comrade Tim

I keep waffeling back and forth on an octapad (or similar - probably the yamaha variant, obviously)....but honestly - I have 1 single zone and two three zone Yamaha XP pads, and a DTX500 module, which essentially give me seven different sounds I can have up at once. I'm probably going to change out the single zone for another three zone so that will up the sound count to nine....given my kit, coupled with that, I'm having a hard time justifying the need for an octapad...

Name:  d8.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  158.0 KB

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

6. Masterworks / Sabian

Does the 500 module give you a ton of percussion sounds?

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    i would love to see your full specs neilrush
    Yes, Im going to muy country house on march, I hope to bring the full set with me so I ll be able to take better pics.
    WANTED ::: Tom Mapex ProM 8" Blue Ice ::: WANTED

8. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by DrumandFly View Post
    Does the 500 module give you a ton of percussion sounds?
    Plenty for my use - 96 different percussion instruments and then an additional 75 effects, plus all the drum, cymbals, etc....so does the job....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

9. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by neilrush View Post
    Yes, Im going to muy country house on march, I hope to bring the full set with me so I ll be able to take better pics.
    what i was saying was list your gear please

10. Miles Gibbons

Check out the Roland TM-6... Six dual-zone trigger inputs, so you can have up to 12 sounds per patch. There are controllable multi-effects built in, assignable to different pads. You've also got the ability to layer multiple sounds on one source, so as you hit harder, the second sound either "layers in" over top of the first, or takes over. You can also use the unit to start and stop loops, or run full backing tracks. Great playability and fully customizable. It comes with hundreds of sounds, and you can load your own in as well - drum sounds, FX, ducks quacking, keyboard parts, you name it. Multiple inputs and outputs. Great peace of gear!

You'll be able to get 4 pads around the kit. Look into the BT-1, PD-8 or PDX-6 or PDX-8 for good quality small pads. The PDX pads have mesh heads, but are still very compact. The BT-1 and PD-8 are rubber, but super easy to place because of their size, and they still feel great.

I'm playing a "hybrid" kit in these videos. Unfortunately I don't have any TM-6 videos, but there are tons on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N55DplAO_QI ... acoustic kick, cymbals and percussion with triggered snare\FX from an SPD-SX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lml4V1OpjJo ... acoustic kick, snare, toms with multi-pad and an aux snare pad.
    Last edited by MilesAway; 04-13-2019 at 09:02 AM.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MilesAway View Post

I'm playing a "hybrid" kit in these videos. Unfortunately I don't have any TM-6 videos, but there are tons on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N55DplAO_QI ... acoustic kick, cymbals and percussion with triggered snare\FX from an SPD-SX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lml4V1OpjJo ... acoustic kick, snare, toms with multi-pad and an aux snare pad.
    Fantastic job. I really like those videos.

12. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by korch View Post
    Fantastic job. I really like those videos.
    Thanks for mentioning, I had a lot of fun making both of these... Unbuttoned was my band for 8 years, this was near the middle of our run. Danelle's thing was a one-off. I did a show with her, shot this video, and then she moved to New York. Lovely voice, and fun to work with!