Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Hola Dot Comrades

Hello All.

I am new to this forum so l thought l would use this first post to introduce myself. My name is Barry, but l call myself ofob (old fart on bike) for reasons that l will explain on another post. l have been playing the drums for almost 25 years, and l am almost good enough to be lousey. I play in a classic rock band with a fantastic group of people. We are all roughly the same vintage, so most of the music we play is the same music we concieved our children to.

I play a four piece DW Classic kit sized as follows, 22x14" bass drum, 14x14" floor tom, 12x8" rack tom, and either a 14x5.5, 14x6.5" classic, or a 13x5.5" Craviotto snare. My main cymbals are all Sabian and include the following. 20" HH Manhattan ride, 16"HH thin crash, 17" HHXtreme crash, 16" AA med crash, 20" el Sabor ride, 18" el Sabor crash, 14" HH dark hats, and 14" el Sabor hats. Lately l have been fighting the urge to buy a set of used maple master monsters, so l thought if l mentioned it in here that somebody would help talk me into it.

Thank you for reading this, and l hope to make a positive contribution to this forum.

Barry
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ofob View Post
    Hello All.

I am new to this forum so l thought l would use this first post to introduce myself. My name is Barry, but l call myself ofob (old fart on bike) for reasons that l will explain on another post. l have been playing the drums for almost 25 years, and l am almost good enough to be lousey. I play in a classic rock band with a fantastic group of people. We are all roughly the same vintage, so most of the music we play is the same music we concieved our children to.

I play a four piece DW Classic kit sized as follows, 22x14" bass drum, 14x14" floor tom, 12x8" rack tom, and either a 14x5.5, 14x6.5" classic, or a 13x5.5" Craviotto snare. My main cymbals are all Sabian and include the following. 20" HH Manhattan ride, 16"HH thin crash, 17" HHXtreme crash, 16" AA med crash, 20" el Sabor ride, 18" el Sabor crash, 14" HH dark hats, and 14" el Sabor hats. Lately l have been fighting the urge to buy a set of used maple master monsters, so l thought if l mentioned it in here that somebody would help talk me into it.

Thank you for reading this, and l hope to make a positive contribution to this forum.

Barry
    Welcome Barry...aka ofob! I'm an old guy on the forum as well! Great live picture! Drum on forever!!!!

3. Comrade Tim

All you old guys....lol....

Kidding....welcome!

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

4. Skeld-the -wicked

Hello All.

Barry
    Welcome Barry. Awesome pic of you and your D.W. rig. I own 3 used Pearl Masters kits . 1. Masters MMP Diamond Burst 6pc . 2) Masters MMX / BRX 6pc Midnight Fade. 3) Masters MRX 4pc Midnight Fade. I mostly use a four pc kit for giging. You won’t be disappointed if you can find one that was taken care of.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

5. A Passion Play ...

Welcome to the Forum. Sweet rig.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

6. Registered User

Thank you all for the welcome. Looks like there are lots of nice people with nice drum kits. That picture of me and my dubs was taken about six years and fourty pounds ago. This is a more recent pic.Name:  704A5867-3EE7-4911-B900-FCAADF65E327.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  77.4 KB
    Not much has changed with the kit. I am looking at a used six piece maple session kit at the moment. The little voice on my left is telling me to go for it, but the voice of she who must be obeyed is telling me that if l do buy them she will take them in the settlement. Maybe l should look for a double bass kit and we could split them.

Agin, thank you all for the welcome.

Barry

7. Purple Crazed

Lately l have been fighting the urge to buy a set of used maple master monsters, so l thought if l mentioned it in here that somebody would help talk me into it.
    Barry
    You know that a wife can hit you harder than you can hit a drum . . .
    Name may be pronounced as "Barry" but it may be spelled as "bury".

On a serious note, you have a really nice kit there!

(and don't buy the other one - "Happy wife; Happy life. Mad Wife; Bad life")

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    You know that a wife can hit you harder than you can hit a drum . . .
    Name may be pronounced as "Barry" but it may be spelled as "bury".

On a serious note, you have a really nice kit there!

(and don't buy the other one - "Happy wife; Happy life. Mad Wife; Bad life")
    Sounds like pretty good advise to me! And agree, excellent looking kit you got there Barry!

9. Registered User

Welcome, drumming brother!

My thought is..it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission. However, I am single so you may not want to take my advice.

Again, welcome!

10. Registered User

HaHa !!

I am surprised that a group that is notorious for gear headedness would side with acquiescence over acquisition.

I have been playing this kit for almost ten years now, and l am looking for a nice good quality second kit. I am waiting for a six piece maple or birch kit to price itself into my jam space. My wife will be cool with it, especially when she sees me play it at a gig. I like the beg forgiveness, ask permission thing, but l am saving that for a new bicycle.

Again, thank you for your replies

Barry

11. Registered User

Name:  B6CFDE68-E349-40A1-8D90-2BA0FBDDE965.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  100.5 KBName:  5BA9E5DC-CF81-4B3B-9022-30873202EA2C.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  63.6 KBName:  5BA9E5DC-CF81-4B3B-9022-30873202EA2C.jpg
Size:  63.6 KB

Ahhhhhhhhhhh
    A Punchline is a terible thing to waste.

12. Registered User

Name:  B6CFDE68-E349-40A1-8D90-2BA0FBDDE965.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  100.5 KBName:  5BA9E5DC-CF81-4B3B-9022-30873202EA2C.jpg
Size:  63.6 KBName:  5BA9E5DC-CF81-4B3B-9022-30873202EA2C.jpg
Size:  63.6 KB

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Man I like that red!!
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Vermillion Sparkle