Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default One hell of a deal on a new reference pure shell pack 22,10,12,16

Don't know if anyone has seen this or not but anyone interested in buying a NEW Reference Pure series drum kit I came across a hell of a deal on Ebay for a 4pc shell pack in Black Cherry finish which this finish is Discontinued by Pearl and Portsmouth Drum Center has it at whopping $1899.99 + Free 2 day shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-Refer...frcectupt=true

Someone better snatch this up quick... I would If I could afford it.
    Drum sets -
    Pearl Vision VSX Strata Black - 22x18 kick, 12x9 tom, 13x10 tom, 16x16 floor tom

Electronics - Shure Mics, Presonus Audio, M-Audio

Wanted to buy - 14x6.5 Reference series brass snare

2. Registered User

How much is shipping to the UK?
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

3. Registered User

Great deal and color! The 2019 Catalogue still shows Black Cherry as current.

4. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by DrumPlayerFTW View Post
    Don't know if anyone has seen this or not but anyone interested in buying a NEW Reference Pure series drum kit I came across a hell of a deal on Ebay for a 4pc shell pack in Black Cherry finish which this finish is Discontinued by Pearl and Portsmouth Drum Center has it at whopping $1899.99 + Free 2 day shipping

Someone better snatch this up quick... I would If I could afford it.
    Musicians Friend had the same kit last month for $1699. Pearl must have had a bunch of Black Cherry Reference kits in their warehouse that they needed to unload. I think the MF kit may have had 12 and 13” toms. If you’re patient and flexible on color, there are some great deals to be had. MF also had a deal on a Shamrock green MCX. It was under a thousand for a four piece kit. The only problem was you had to look at it. That’s not the case with the black cherry. It’s stunning.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Musicians Friend had the same kit last month for $1699. Pearl must have had a bunch of Black Cherry Reference kits in their warehouse that they needed to unload. I think the MF kit may have had 12 and 13” toms. If you’re patient and flexible on color, there are some great deals to be had. MF also had a deal on a Shamrock green MCX. It was under a thousand for a four piece kit. The only problem was you had to look at it. That’s not the case with the black cherry. It’s stunning.
    I agree bro it is a stunning finish. I will be shopping next year for a Music City Custom Ref Spec Kit. Probably just gonna go with 22,12,13,16 but I'm making it a goal to own my first pro level drum kit.
    Drum sets -
    Pearl Vision VSX Strata Black - 22x18 kick, 12x9 tom, 13x10 tom, 16x16 floor tom

6. Chomp, Chomp

I agree bro it is a stunning finish. I will be shopping next year for a Music City Custom Ref Spec Kit. Probably just gonna go with 22,12,13,16 but I'm making it a goal to own my first pro level drum kit.
    Being you have time, why don’t you give 10” and 12” toms a chance. It will give you a bit more spread. I’m an old fart and I resisted going with 10” and 12” toms for decades.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Being you have time, why dont you give 10 and 12 toms a chance. It will give you a bit more spread. Im an old fart and I resisted going with 10 and 12 toms for decades.
    Ill take it under sure advisement bro I honestly like the 10,12 setup due to the huge tones you can get out of such small sizes but Im so use to playing a 13x9 tom on my current red sparkle kit is it really that easy to go to smaller toms?

Anybody wanna weigh in on this to help me decide
    Drum sets -

8. Away From The World

I picked up a similar run out deal with Purple Craze in 2010 and shipped it across the Pacific... oh what fun would ensue after that!

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18