Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. It's all about me...

Default Drum-olution 2019

Yeah, I've been posting a lot here as of late. Social media is just annoying....or maybe I'm just an attention whore - I dunno....but what the heck, it's a free forum and posting is fun....so here's an evolutionary picture book of my drums....

First up, my 1989 Pearl Exports in Jet Black. While not the first kit I every played on, it is the first kit I ever owned. My brother in law now uses it to this day. Reso head courtesy me...

Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

2. It's all about me...

Next up my Pearl 2003 Session SRX kit, which I still own....this is the first setup I tried....didn't last long:

Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

3. It's all about me...

Second attempt and a closer model to what I play now....first one with a rack:

4. It's all about me...

Then I added a floor tom so ended up here which is probably what finalized me on how I center my kit now:

5. It's all about me...

A note - yes I fell for the Soultone scam....the cymbals weren't bad, but I had a falling out with the owner....and I dropped them. I do still use the ride and china because I haven't found anything that sounds close to those....so I'll remove the logos at some point and just leave them blank.

6. It's all about me...

From there I decided to step it up a notch, and purchased the Mapex Saturns I played for a few years....yes I strayed....bite me.....they are awesome drums. These have since been sold off to someone who loves them just as much as I did. Note the setup doesn't vary much at this point....sometimes I move little bits around but for the most part the center is as it is....

7. It's all about me...

From there, I actually decided that the Saturns were too nice to gig regularly and we were playing a couple times a month (3-4 sets, 45-60 songs a night)....so I picked up a set of Vision VBA's which up until very recently was the only kit I played since I had sold off the Saturns. This will *still* be my gigging kit when that starts to happen again. Love these and won't part with them...

Again, the core doesn't change much:

8. It's all about me...

Note in the above the re-emergence and my return to the cymbal brand I started with....Zildjian....

9. It's all about me...

And finally, a return to what I think is still the best line and value in Pearls product line, the new Session Studio Select kit. This has probably been the biggest change for me in terms of configuration in that I've finally added a 2nd kick. The core layout is still the same for the most part as it really is super comfortable to play out.

10. It's all about me...

Oh....almost forgot these....around the time of the Mapex kit, I bought a very used and beat to hell mid-80's (we think) Slingerland kit..

Looked like this when I bought it:

And this when I finished it:

11. It's all about me...

I paid $100 for the kit as it sat....once I restored the Slingerland snare, I got about $220 for that off Ebay....can't remember the model we determined it was but since it essentially paid for the kit and most of the materials I couldn't complain!

12. It's all about me...

Well **** I put it in the wrong forum....oh well....