Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 27

Thread: Masters Gum

  1. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Is there one I can play when I come to Nashville later this year?
    If there is one here and setup, you can play it.

    KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

  2. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,435

    Default

    One of the pics I took when the first prototype shell came in Color 453 Platinum Gold Oyster
    Attached Images Attached Images   

    KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

  3. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,435

    Default

    another pic
    I really like this finish
    Attached Images Attached Images   

    KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

  4. Comrade Tim

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Russian Annex, North America
    Posts
    3,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    If there is one here and setup, you can play it.
    I will give you advance notice. and you must set up one of everything.....

    Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

  5. Drum Ninja

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Awesome, thanks Al. Hopefully I'll be back to drumming by then.

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Masters Maple/Gum - same shell recipe as Masterworks Studio series

    MMG924XP/C MAP $3,399.99
    3PC shell pack

    MMG925XSP/C MAP $4,799.99
    4PC shell pack - 22-10-12-16

    ETA June 15th 2019

    Yes, individual drum components (in normal Masters sizes) that aren't part of the configurations can be ordered.
    RBH Monarch Drums in Merlot Sparkle
    RBH Westwood Drums in Green Sparkle

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    8

    Default Masters Maple Gum available sizes

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Masters Maple/Gum - same shell recipe as Masterworks Studio series

    MMG924XP/C MAP $3,399.99
    3PC shell pack

    MMG925XSP/C MAP $4,799.99
    4PC shell pack - 22-10-12-16

    ETA June 15th 2019

    Yes, individual drum components (in normal Masters sizes) that aren't part of the configurations can be ordered.
    Interested in your last statement here as you seem to be a Pearl employee and so hopefully fully knowledgeable about the available size options. Where you say "in normal Masters sizes", would it then be possible to special order a 13x9" Maple Gum tom?

  7. Rockin' the Cosmos..

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sirius-2DS
    Posts
    4,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus777 View Post
    Interested in your last statement here as you seem to be a Pearl employee and so hopefully fully knowledgeable about the available size options. Where you say "in normal Masters sizes", would it then be possible to special order a 13x9" Maple Gum tom?
    Yes, Al works for Pearl and does a fine job at it. Yes, according to Masters sizing 13x9 would be available to purchase. But Al can confirm this if he wants.

  8. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angus777 View Post
    Interested in your last statement here as you seem to be a Pearl employee and so hopefully fully knowledgeable about the available size options. Where you say "in normal Masters sizes", would it then be possible to special order a 13x9" Maple Gum tom?
    Al Percival is the MAN. Pearl’s lucky to have him and the rest of us are lucky to know him.
    Way Too Much Crap

  9. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    Yes, Al works for Pearl and does a fine job at it. Yes, according to Masters sizing 13x9 would be available to purchase. But Al can confirm this if he wants.
    Yes to 13x9 Tom. I do not see any in stock, but it certainly can be special ordered.

    MMG1309T/C

    KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    8

    Default Masters Maple Gum 13x9" tom

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Yes to 13x9 Tom. I do not see any in stock, but it certainly can be special ordered.

    MMG1309T/C
    Many thanks indeed Al. I have actually today collected my brand new Masters Maple Gum 10,12,16,22 in the stunning Natural Maple finish (I ordered this finish without seeing it in the flesh but it surpasses my wildest expectations!). Anyway, I would absolutely love to add a matching 13x9" tom and am happy to wait however long it takes for a special order drum to arrive. The challenge will be that I am actually in the UK, so it's Pearl Europe that I have to convince (unless a US dealer will sell and ship to me). My initial enquiry via my dealer was that they could only do the 14x14" FT as an add on. But that's when I saw your post which tells me that Pearl can and will make the drum. Now I have to just convince Pearl Europe to special order one, OR find a US dealer who will help me. Any suggestions welcome!

    Many thanks again and very best wishes from the UK!

    Cheers,

    Angus

  11. Pearl Corporation USA

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Pearl Corporation U.S.A. Nashville, TN
    Posts
    27,435

    Default

    The Hand Rubbed Natural Maple finish is Classic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

    KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    8

    Default Yup, gorgeous!

    Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    The Hand Rubbed Natural Maple finish is Classic.
    Yes it's beautiful! And I would guess a little more open sounding than the wrapped finishes) I have not compared side by side but such is my general experience with satin wood vs wrapped drums).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •