Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Rim Shot Drummer

Default preferred specs on drum pedals: Heavy wide base plate, lightweight etc

Price matters. Give me your shot on will there be an improvement over my PDP 500 double chain pedal now at 94.00 to go over 100.00. I see the lightweight offers of other brands, I believe I can use a bit of good weight holding down my bass drum and can hold up to the occasional drop during set up. I like a hard beater head over the felt for my live playing Sure there should be a wide pedal bass plate. Then there is the Tama Speed Cobra HP3101, claiming 40% lighter
    Join Me ! I am a Pearl Customer

2. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickDC View Post
    Price matters. Give me your shot on will there be an improvement over my PDP 500 double chain pedal now at 94.00 to go over 100.00. I see the lightweight offers of other brands, I believe I can use a bit of good weight holding down my bass drum and can hold up to the occasional drop during set up. I like a hard beater head over the felt for my live playing Sure there should be a wide pedal bass plate. Then there is the Tama Speed Cobra HP3101, claiming 40% lighter
    I read your thread title and post numerous times and I have absolutely no idea what you’re asking.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I read your thread title and post numerous times and I have absolutely no idea what you’re asking.
    Thank F for that as I thought I was the only one too.
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

4. Registered User

So I'm NOT having a stroke?

Excellent!

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post

Excellent!
    No, PatrickDC was though. Hope medics were called STAT.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickDC View Post
    My translation:
    Do you think any future improvements will increase the weight of the PDP 500 double chain pedal? Mine weighs 94.00 oz. I prefer a slightly heavier pedal (greater than 100.00 oz) with a wide pedal plate to keep my bass drum in place and withstand the normal wear-and-tear of dropping and/or playing it.

Since I am also looking at other brands' lightweight pedals and staying within budget, what are your thoughts on the $229.99 Tama Speed Cobra HP310L? They claim the "LiteSprocket offers smooth action at 40% the weight of a standard sprocket."
    Last edited by RG1820X; 07-31-2019 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Had to look up the Tama bass drum pedal's model number and price.

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    My translation:
    Do you think any future improvements will increase the weight of the PDP 500 double chain pedal? Mine weighs 94.00 oz. I prefer a slightly heavier pedal (greater than 100.00 oz) with a wide pedal plate to keep my bass drum in place and withstand the normal wear-and-tear of dropping and/or playing it.

Since I am also looking at other brands' lightweight pedals and staying within budget, what are your thoughts on the $229.99 Tama Speed Cobra HP310L? They claim the "LiteSprocket offers smooth action at 40% the weight of a standard sprocket."
    You certainly put way more time into that than I’d be willing to.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Excellent!
    I laughed sooooooooooooo hard!!!!
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

9. Registered User

My translation:

Now that's impressive!
    Buddy Rich

10. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by ocdrums View Post
    Thank F for that as I thought I was the only one too.
    So I'm NOT having a stroke? Excellent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    No, PatrickDC was though. Hope medics were called STAT.

Same, also, LOL!!!

11. J-Con

My translation: Do you think any future improvements will increase the weight of the PDP 500 double chain pedal? Mine weighs 94.00 oz. I prefer a slightly heavier pedal (greater than 100.00 oz) with a wide pedal plate to keep my bass drum in place and withstand the normal wear-and-tear of dropping and/or playing it. Since I am also looking at other brands' lightweight pedals and staying within budget, what are your thoughts on the $229.99 Tama Speed Cobra HP310L? They claim the "LiteSprocket offers smooth action at 40% the weight of a standard sprocket."
    Wow! I absolutely did NOT catch on that the 94 was the weight in oz. I thought he was refencing the "price matters" part of his statement and that his current PDP WAS $94...

12. Purple Crazed

I could be wrong. The pedal does cost $94.99 at Sweetwater.

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans