Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Dude, I'm sorry. I hate being in between jobs. Good luck on the hunt.
    Thanks man, I might take a trip to Cancun if my tax return gets here before I find a job.
    DW Collectors Birch Satin Oil Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black

2. Looks That Kill

I am dumping these and getting a Sonor SQ1, as I found out the hard way (again) you get what you pay for.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    I am dumping these and getting a Sonor SQ1, as I found out the hard way (again) you get what you pay for.
    Dude, take a step back. Take some good photos of the drums you're thinking of selling, join reverb, drumforum.org, drummwerworld.com, sonormuseum etc. all of the forums that allow selling and trading and post an ad. If that's too slow, then join Ebay. Craigslist has worked for me also.

I LOVE SONOR drums, to me SONOR and high end Yamaha make the best sounding drums available from a production company. Of course, Pearl, Tama, Ludwig, Gretsch all make great drums too but for my money, SONOR and Yamaha are what I enjoy playing the most. That said, you NEED to get value for your gear, save whatever necessary and get the exact SQ2 you want. Not sure what DCP does in terms of discounting but Dale's and Sam I Am are both great SONOR dealers. The wait for an SQ2 is around 4 mos maybe 5. In my experience the medium shells of any timber species are the best. I had two version of medium shells, one birch, one maple and then also, vintage beech, heavy beech and vintage maple. The vintage shells are what dw is going for in my opinion. Thin vertically grained shells with rerings. In my experience these shells sounded great but didnt have the same dynamic response/explosiveness and sensitivity as the thicker shells. The heavy shells were really great but for whatver reason, the medium shells just have it all. The rich buttery tone of the reringed shells, plus the sensitivity and explosiveness of the heavies. I had a birch and a maple medium and have played medium beech. If I were buying another SQ2, I'd get a medium shelled kit and I'd have a hard time deciding on the timber. There's nothing at all wrong with the sq1 kit but with your history, take your time and buy THE kit that checks all the boxes, from whichever manufacturer that may be. German SONOR are by far the easiest drums to tune and play I've ever owned, you're looking in the right direction for sure. The only reason I say go sq2 is so you can choose your exact sizes, shell thickness, timber and finish. Getting a new kit isn't an emergency

Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

4. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Dude, take a step back. Take some good photos of the drums you're thinking of selling, join reverb, drumforum.org, drummwerworld.com, sonormuseum etc. all of the forums that allow selling and trading and post an ad. If that's too slow, then join Ebay. Craigslist has worked for me also.

I LOVE SONOR drums, to me SONOR and high end Yamaha make the best sounding drums available from a production company. Of course, Pearl, Tama, Ludwig, Gretsch all make great drums too but for my money, SONOR and Yamaha are what I enjoy playing the most. That said, you NEED to get value for your gear, save whatever necessary and get the exact SQ2 you want. Not sure what DCP does in terms of discounting but Dale's and Sam I Am are both great SONOR dealers. The wait for an SQ2 is around 4 mos maybe 5. In my experience the medium shells of any timber species are the best. I had two version of medium shells, one birch, one maple and then also, vintage beech, heavy beech and vintage maple. The vintage shells are what dw is going for in my opinion. Thin vertically grained shells with rerings. In my experience these shells sounded great but didnt have the same dynamic response/explosiveness and sensitivity as the thicker shells. The heavy shells were really great but for whatver reason, the medium shells just have it all. The rich buttery tone of the reringed shells, plus the sensitivity and explosiveness of the heavies. I had a birch and a maple medium and have played medium beech. If I were buying another SQ2, I'd get a medium shelled kit and I'd have a hard time deciding on the timber. There's nothing at all wrong with the sq1 kit but with your history, take your time and buy THE kit that checks all the boxes, from whichever manufacturer that may be. German SONOR are by far the easiest drums to tune and play I've ever owned, you're looking in the right direction for sure. The only reason I say go sq2 is so you can choose your exact sizes, shell thickness, timber and finish. Getting a new kit isn't an emergency

I ended up trading 2 of my masters maple complete kits for a DW collectors purewood birch kit that I am picking up this weekend. It was bittersweet as I had them sounding really good with remo emperor heads. I kept my black mist kit however and it's become my workhorse kit. My plan is to replace the masters maple complete in matte natural as I already miss that kit. I am hoping this line will still be there in 2020