Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by malamikigo View Post
    Don't bother. There's no convincing that guy that anything less than a 42 piece kit is any fun to play. And to think he calls touring musicians who play sensible kits "lazy drummers" as he sits in his barn full of drums that never go anywhere. Laughable.
    up yours

Pearl Session Studio Classic 22/13/16 - Pearl Power Piccolo Brass 13x5.5 - Bosphorus - Roland TD-12

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by marknu1 View Post
    Guiliana might just be my favorite drummer these days. Freakin' amazing!
    He's a total badass.
    up yours

Pearl Session Studio Classic 22/13/16 - Pearl Power Piccolo Brass 13x5.5 - Bosphorus - Roland TD-12

3. Registered User

Dang people take kit sizes seriously around here. To each their own. Small kit isn't my personal taste. I like the ability and freedom to be able to move things around and to create my own melodic sound on the drums. Yes, you can be really creative and play some funky and complex grooves with a kick, snare, and hats. Absolutely. Everyone is different and ultimately it comes down to what makes you happy and gets the job done. Music isn't about **** waving, it's about expression and fun.
    Session Studio Select - Antique Crimson Burst
    Sabian - B8 (next upgrade)
    Vater - Los Angeles 5A
    Aquarian Drum Heads
    Currently learning from Rick Stojak

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by roadshow230j View Post
    Music isn't about **** waving, it's about expression and fun.
    Unless you're in a post modern **** waving ensemble.

Mapex Saturn IV 10 12 14 20 red blue hybrid sparkle for sale pm me.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Furious Styles View Post
    Well actually it is a 26 piece kit.

When I gigged I used a 6 piece, which I considered the minimum I would ever want, if I have the choice.

For 25 years I trailored a very large Roland e-kit at least once a week. Rack, two very large totes, and Rolands very large drum personal monitor back and forth to church.

Try keeping 8 monster kits tuned and dusted. Nothing lazy about that.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by j kuhl View Post
    Unless you're in a post modern **** waving ensemble.
    You mean Dream Theater?

7. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Well actually it is a 26 piece kit. When I gigged I used a 6 piece, which I considered the minimum I would ever want, if I have the choice. For 25 years I trailored a very large Roland e-kit at least once a week. Rack, two very large totes, and Rolands very large drum personal monitor back and forth to church. Try keeping 8 monster kits tuned and dusted. Nothing lazy about that.
    Out of sheer curiosity, did you feel that having that many sound options on your church kit was necessary?
    My DW Performance Series Drums

Selling some gear, PM me for details
    13x6.5 Joey Jordison Signature Snare (with logos), Pork Pie throne, Pearl 900 series snare stand

8. Registered User

Anyway, back to the actual thread topic at hand.
    up yours

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Out of sheer curiosity, did you feel that having that many sound options on your church kit was necessary?
    Yes. Much of our church music was very upbeat, and I was free to play it the way I saw fit. The SPD11 was great becuase I used to use it for all kinds of percussion stuff. Multiple toms are also big in much of the modern worship music. Some hate it , some love it.

10. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Yes. Much of our church music was very upbeat, and I was free to play it the way I saw fit. The SPD11 was great becuase I used to use it for all kinds of percussion stuff. Multiple toms are also big in much of the modern worship music. Some hate it , some love it.
    Just curious was all. Any time I think of big kits in churches I think of this video:

https://youtu.be/xx3Pzv3xJd4

Skip to 2:15 for the goods
    My DW Performance Series Drums

Selling some gear, PM me for details
    13x6.5 Joey Jordison Signature Snare (with logos), Pork Pie throne, Pearl 900 series snare stand

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MitchLyons View Post
    Just curious was all. Any time I think of big kits in churches I think of this video:

https://youtu.be/xx3Pzv3xJd4

Skip to 2:15 for the goods
    Yes that is a very good example for the wrong drummer for the gig. The sad part is even when he went nuts, he wasn't very good at it. No matter how many drums you have or don't have you need to use common sense.

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I wanted to click off this video... but I coudn't hahaha... I was intrigued by the catchy groove, coupled with the crowd's obvious love for the band. It was really neat to watch
    Funny. I couldn’t click off of it any faster. That Frat Boy Funk makes me cringe.