Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Marketing Manager of Integrated Media

Default 2019 Pearl General Catalog

Download the 2019 Pearl General Catalog from our website...

https://pearldrum.com/support/product-catalogs/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Hardware Guy

LOADS of new ICON stuff - but still no solution for stacking twin cross bars at the same height on a common leg...

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

3. Registered User

That kit looks amazing.
    Session Studio Select - Antique Crimson Burst
    Sabian - B8 (next upgrade)
    Vater - Los Angeles 5A
    Aquarian Drum Heads
    Currently learning from Rick Stojak

4. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    LOADS of new ICON stuff - but still no solution for stacking twin cross bars at the same height on a common leg...
    actually there might be ...with maybe a center bar , if its round lol man ...
    so much rack stuff..
    oh .
    and thank you pearl , for the modern utiliuty floortom/snare drum (mines a custom job , made of birch) but, yeah will check out your maple version
    and seriously glad the session kits havent been altered again ...if anything you need to make more sizes (many more sizes )in that line

5. Registered User

The ICON stuff is interesting and yet, the more you try to expand it, the more the square tube becomes a hindrance. It works well for those looking for a conventional look - I love mine - but to do more than that, it just doesn't look good. Like trying to beat Yamaha's Hexrack at its own game, but stuck with the downside of square tubing. All personal opinion. I'm not digging it, but I hope someone does and gets creative with it.

6. Drum Ninja

I'm with you. I think some of the accessories, especially the one that attaches a 3/8 clamp to a leg tube, are welcome additions but some of the new stuff is just overkill. It will look nice in their displays and on the kits of major label artists but I can't see any working drummer dragging that around.
    RBH Monarch Drums in Merlot Sparkle
    RBH Westwood Drums in Green Sparkle

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrin View Post
    I'm with you. I think some of the accessories, especially the one that attaches a 3/8 clamp to a leg tube, are welcome additions but some of the new stuff is just overkill. It will look nice in their displays and on the kits of major label artists but I can't see any working drummer dragging that around.
    I think Pearl hit it out of the park with this new hardware. A lot of guys will spend a lot of money on that stuff to set up unique kits at home.

MM
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

8. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    I think Pearl hit it out of the park with this new hardware. A lot of guys will spend a lot of money on that stuff to set up unique kits at home.

MM
    Nevergiggers.
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Nevergiggers.
    Whoa! Watch that hard 'R' there, buddy.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

10. The Hardware Guy

MM
    I think that's exactly what it's for. Which isn't a bad thing - it's nice to have new options to play with.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I think that's exactly what it's for. Which isn't a bad thing - it's nice to have new options to play with.
    I only play smaller kits now, so I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with for "stealth" applications of the new hardware.

Besides the curved cymbal arms, the coolest thing might be that rack bar that can be attached to a cymbal stand. I can already think of a few things to do with that on a smaller kit.

MM
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

12. Drumming Since 1943

I only play smaller kits now, so I'm looking forward to seeing what people come up with for "stealth" applications of the new hardware.

Besides the curved cymbal arms, the coolest thing might be that rack bar that can be attached to a cymbal stand. I can already think of a few things to do with that on a smaller kit.

MM
    From the looks of it, there's nothing "stealth" about any of this. If anything, these applications look MORE bulky and cumbersome than before, if that can be believed.
    Way Too Much Crap