Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Load purchased memory switch kit into a VST (SSD5 or SD3)

Hi. I have the eProLive set with the RedBox Module and the full Superior Drummer 3 version, as well as SSD5 Free version in my Cubase Elements 9.0 DAW. I really like the purchased Metal Kit from the RedBox Sound Shop I got some time ago (made by Steven Slate Drums if I remember correctly) and I was wondering if I could load the sound samples into one of my VST plugins. Is there a way to do that? Any instructions? Are the files compatible (.wav I think) or do I have to tweak something first?

Thanks!

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bluephoenix View Post
    Hi. I have the eProLive set with the RedBox Module and the full Superior Drummer 3 version, as well as SSD5 Free version in my Cubase Elements 9.0 DAW. I really like the purchased Metal Kit from the RedBox Sound Shop I got some time ago (made by Steven Slate Drums if I remember correctly) and I was wondering if I could load the sound samples into one of my VST plugins. Is there a way to do that? Any instructions? Are the files compatible (.wav I think) or do I have to tweak something first?

Thanks!
    I'm not entirely sure, but according to the FAQ section on the Red Box Sound Shop's webpage, they mention that "The kits available for purchase are only compatible on the REDBOX module."

That being said, if you did have access to the .wav files, you could, in theory, make a drum rack using whatever software sampler your DAW has. The only downside is that you'll have to program multiple velocity level samples, else it will sound like a machine gun when you play.

Update: I see you said Cubase. You could try using Groove Agent to load the samples or use a software like Slate Trigger 2.

3. Registered User

Thank you nickesarz. Yeah the thing is I guess to find a way to convert the (sysex files I think?) to .wav. About the velocities, one solution is to stack it on top of another snare and have it trigger only for the center articulation above a certain velocity. Just like this guy suggests here using the "velocity gate feature" (from 09:33 - 12:00). So the ghost notes will be the original VST snare and the center strokes will be the new snare (from the Red Box Metal kit in my case)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXdc...intfoYg&t=808s

Let me try the Groove Agent suggestion and get back to you.

Thanks!