Views: 89
Size:  35.6 KB
    Name:  20181104_084830.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  71.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20181125-141938_Messages.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  65.0 KB

But i have most of these pictures in my gallery or albums...

Also to the drummer who posted that awesome picture of his malex v kit... i like how you had it set up.. some kits came with the 12in, 13in, 16in ft, 22x16 bass and a 14xwho knows what snare... lol.
    Then there was kits made with 8in, 10in, and 14in ft.. not sure if the bass drum was different. Odd though that i bought the 5 piece off craigslist, 2 days later i see an 8in and 10in tom with the exact same wrap as mine.. turned out it was the same seller.. got em both for 40$. It came with a snare but i bought a new one.. it came with a snare stand but i got a new one. Im keeping the ludwig hi-hat stand since it swivels for my bass pedals. Plus its solid, the hi-hats and 16in crash left much to be desired so I got the Meinl Super Pack. Got a decent deal for $255 from amazon. Just beware buying from their warehouse.. the items are used and may not come complete.

If i missed your question I'll re-read through but please dont hesitate to message me. Mapex cant send me new badges so ill probably make my own.

2. J-Con

Really nice work dude!

Check on eBay for badges. I found a set that might work for you but there are other options.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113548003621

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Really nice work dude!

Check on eBay for badges. I found a set that might work for you but there are other options.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113548003621
    I did an exhaustive search for Pearl Rocket Tom “Aluminum Shell” badges... no shot.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Op: here's the last pic I took of my kit! I was so poor, I bought used front heads

5. Registered User

Bro i feel your pain... the Mapex V is like considered the "lowest of the low" as I was informed by another fourm. But the deep tones and attatck i get from this 9 ply basswood is more than what i currently need. This was really just fun to see if I could take a very old set and make it look nice again without spending 350$ for just restoring the drums. It doesnt get cheaper than 20$ amazon wrap, aluminum foil, and a 2 liter bottle of coke. I knew getting cymbals and cymbal stands were going to be a pain. Plus that was going to be the bulk of the price. But i can use these cymbals and stands on any kit.

My thing is my bass drum had a 1in diameter hole with 4 screw holes.. to be able to solidly fill that hole... sand it flush... then wrap it as if it was never there. Thats my satisfaction, yeah i used the same hardware but i also put rubber gaskets where all toms mounts are and i put a gasket behind each bass drum leg.

Name:  Screenshot_20181213-190321_Gallery.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20181213-190307_Gallery.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  20181202_115843.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  98.2 KB

Some get confused when i say i patched dents and dings..
    This picture is kinda what im talking about. There was.. keyword "WAS" a lot of these... was i able to get each little one filled? No but
    I tried my tail off and the majority of the bad ones are gone. The drums have been tuned (used a drum dial to get a good baseline) then tuned the rest by ear. I tightened my reso head between 80 and 85 and my batters from 90 to 92. Then that gave me a great starting point. I have 4 rack toms... 2x of my rack toms are exactly the same length. My 8x8 and 8x10... my snare side is at an 80 and the reso side is 95 (im currently using all the rubber material as dampening pads.) Cutting them curved and sitting them on the bottom of my snare. I have an EMAD2 batter and a black remo reso, im also using the evans pillow on my reso.. i had to tune my 16x16 floor tom up because sometimes it was hard to tell the difference between the two lol. I do wish i had better rubber bottoms on my tom legs. I thought about a rack (because of the toms) but again this was sort of a budget build. The snare i got for under 100$, it was really the tom holders that cost so much.. oh and the 6 cymbals. I never owned this many... usually just hi-hat, 17in crash, 8in med crash, and 22 in ride. But those were Sabian AAX and my ride was an HHX.
    Name:  Screenshot_20181124-074752_Gallery.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  36.5 KB

I type a lot but I love seeing peoples posts too, im always checking out the "post your kit here" i havent played in 15 years. I played in a church for most my life and was in a band called Element here in Jax, Fl and almost signed my life away. We started out as a 3 piece band and the lead singer was young (i was 15.. i had to get my parents to drop me off at these gigs with my drum set lol) the band later became known as Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Edmund (who was Elemnts lead guitarist and lead singer) decided he wanted to go on the road and while i did as much as i could it was hard because I wanted to finish school. So in the end i left... there was conflict of money and such too. I remember the first 23 gigs we played (at that time here in Jax we had Jack Rabbits, Freebird, Club 5, Plush, the Lemon bar, etc... but for our kind of music we stayed playing at Jack Rabbits and Freebird. Then warped tour came along and we played with them till they left Florida. That was crazy... going to the recording studio and recording tracks. Id played to a metronome in middle school (i was a band geek... i played percussion mostly.) But never played a drum kit to a metronome...Retrophonics studios where Creed recording that song "18" there.. this guy showed me a lot as far as the workings of drums... what attatck, punchy, warm tones, different bearing edges, id heard people use those words but never understood. Recording is boring until its your turn to play lol

I guy i think had asked about my previous experiences with restoring drums or maybe he just meant playing.. but ive played wince i was 12 (drum kit wise) but i would always pull moms pots and pans out and jam. Lol

6. Registered User

Yes I missed the other threads I don't go on the PDF much anymore.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN