Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15
  1. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,531

    Default New hybrid set up idea...

    For the longest time, I've wanted to put together a hybrid kit. I want it to be mostly acoustic but still have the option for electronic sounds. But mostly I did NOT want to have a remote kick off to the right of my main pedal OR to have to use my left foot. So I want to get a left side double pedal for a trigger pad and put my regular set up on each side of that...

    What are your thoughts on hybrid kits? I've seen very few that actually look comfortable let alone cool looking...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    Also, I really want to make a very low profile (stealth) rack set up... remember Spoon's kit?!

    Name:  image-3294359283.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  74.0 KB



    Name:  image-3033912001.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  79.3 KB



    Name:  image-593980800.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  82.9 KB



    Name:  image-3255657717.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  77.8 KB

    That's about as far as I've got. Not sure how to mount the rest of my gear, lol.

  3. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    This set up gives me the option of two different kicks using my right foot, double kick, and different sounds triggered with the left foot if needed, all with only one double pedal...

    Ideally I'd love to have an acoustic main snare, kick, and cymbals, with electronic toms, side snare, and kick options...

    I will put this together someday when I get a left side double pedal. And obviously it has to match my other pedals because I'm a nerd.

    Was thinking about DW's xf pedal and hi hat with a regular left side double pedal to make up for the difference in length due to the bass drum hoop. That way the heel plates could maybe still line up nicely... Hmmmmmmm... lol $!$!$!$

    Name:  image-3053208749.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  41.5 KB



    Name:  image-3503925925.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  65.3 KB

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,255

    Default

    Love your sketching ability!
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. The Sensitone Guy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Agreed. OP has talent. Looks kinda like 1950's cartoonish stuff. Good stuff.

  6. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Love your sketching ability!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Agreed. OP has talent. Looks kinda like 1950's cartoonish stuff. Good stuff.
    Haha, thanks my doods!

    Anyone put a regular pedal next to a long board attached to a kick before? I can't find pictures anywhere. Just the pedals next to each other for reference...

  7. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,507

    Default

    Neat ideas Josh! You're the opposite of that other guy on the forum who shows us odd-looking set-ups with the Frankenstein-rack parts blacked out LOL
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  8. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,610

    Default

    id suggest getting a set of offset double pedals ....theyre the ones that place the bass drum in the center .... placing that like a downward facing trigger pad (with the reversed beaters ) like the one from pintech, this way the pedal doesnt interfere with your rack . you can also scooch the acoustic bass in a little more natural spot, .....heck if you get them in tight enough , you be able to pullof a second bass though, it'll look like one of dave mccains older kits lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 2 basses4life; 01-17-2019 at 03:50 PM.

  9. J-Con

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    2,531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Neat ideas Josh! You're the opposite of that other guy on the forum who shows us odd-looking set-ups with the Frankenstein-rack parts blacked out LOL
    Haha, yeah well... I'm here for the gear! Not a tease but to share ideas and learn from others.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    id suggest getting a set of offset double pedals ....theyre the ones that place the bass drum in the center .... placing that like a downward facing trigger pad (with the reversed beaters ) like the one from pintech, this way the pedal doesnt interfere with your rack . you can also scooch the acoustic bass in a little more natural spot, .....heck if you get them in tight enough , you be able to pullof a second bass though, it'll look like one of dave mccains older kits lol.
    I've always liked that idea but my snare would be mounted of the smaller rack foot. Putting the trigger in the center would actually put it right in the way.

  10. th droids yerlookn4

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    5,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Haha, yeah well... I'm here for the gear! Not a tease but to share ideas and learn from others.



    I've always liked that idea but my snare would be mounted of the smaller rack foot. Putting the trigger in the center would actually put it right in the way.
    well... dang ...lol

  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    97

    Default

    This could be a good idea?Name:  kt-10_angle_main.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  14.4 KB

  12. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    For the longest time, I've wanted to put together a hybrid kit. I want it to be mostly acoustic but still have the option for electronic sounds. But mostly I did NOT want to have a remote kick off to the right of my main pedal OR to have to use my left foot. So I want to get a left side double pedal for a trigger pad and put my regular set up on each side of that...

    What are your thoughts on hybrid kits? I've seen very few that actually look comfortable let alone cool looking...
    Tasty, your sketches and ideas are very clever!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •