Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    seeing some recent vids of his playing, he don't seems to care about many things set up wise.
    Or playing-wise. He’s more of a businessman than a drummer at this point.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Or playing-wise. Hes more of a businessman than a drummer at this point.
    what gets me,is the lack of respect in combo with an obvious cocky attitude toward the audience right onstage when he screw everythings up ,like here at 1.10 :

RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    what gets me,is the lack of respect in combo with an obvious cocky attitude toward the audience right onstage when he screw everythings up ,like here at 1.10 :

That was painful to watch.

4. Drumming Since 1943

I love when James asks if they could have a more “solid beat”. In other words- PLAY IN TIME A******E!!1
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

I was watching an old US festival video of Metallica doing fwtbt. It was hard to watch even back then. Inappropriate fills, wrong fills, bad timing, etc. Basically Lars being Lars. There are a TON of videos just like the one above. Really sad when you think of it.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    I was watching an old US festival video of Metallica doing fwtbt.
    You sure it was the US festival? That was 82/83. Metallica was just getting started on the KEA tour. I don't recall any thrash bands playing the US festival.

7. Drumming Since 1943

I was watching an old US festival video of Metallica doing fwtbt. It was hard to watch even back then. Inappropriate fills, wrong fills, bad timing, etc. Basically Lars being Lars. There are a TON of videos just like the one above. Really sad when you think of it.
    This is inaccurate. There is no such video.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Sorry, “Day on the green 85”.

9. Drumming Since 1943

Sorry, “Day on the green 85”.
    You mean the one that's considered a classic amongst metal fans?

Listen, I'm no Lar$ apologist- I think he's a disgrace to the instrument- but at least be accurate in your critique. His drumming took a distinct nosedive right around the time Grunge happened and he decided that it would be cooler to be a businessman/art collector than a metal drummer. Prior to that, he rewrote the book on metal drumming. Watch any clip from Seattle '89. Dude was on FIRE (and most likely copious amounts of coke) and reduced that Artstar to kindling.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Registered User

Listen, I'm no Lar$ apologist- I think he's a disgrace to the instrument- but at least be accurate in your critique. His drumming took a distinct nosedive right around the time Grunge happened and he decided that it would be cooler to be a businessman/art collector than a metal drummer. Prior to that, he rewrote the book on metal drumming. Watch any clip from Seattle '89. Dude was on FIRE (and most likely copious amounts of coke) and reduced that Artstar to kindling.
    OK buddy.

11. life start at 125bpm

i agree that, back in the time of the black album,his playing was really on point. the connection of his playing VS any given song on that album was awesome.his timing was flawless,and the parts he was creating were tastefull. but it hasn't lasted for long,and that is a mystery to me. why a so sucessfull drummer,who sold millions of album suddenly becomes THAT sloppy
    ,unconcerned by its lack of hability to play ,and on top of it, displays so much disrespect for the fans who made him that rich-wealthy?....and seriously,the complexity of what he has to play isn't that demanding; at least he could work a little on his time keeping,but no.....seeems like it is now a job he would let down, if it wasn't of the rest of the band ,who seems to want to hold on ....
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

12. Demon Speeding

I like it! I was always a fan of Lars' Black Album era Tama kit.