Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I wish i could make my way to “Russian Annex, North America” and find out what makes this ride so special.
    Lol. I have 15 tracks waiting for me to record so let me get through a couple and I may post one online. One of my good friends who owns a studio here and is a hella drummer in his own right wants this cymbal in a bad way. I keep telling him to be patient....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Lol. I have 15 tracks waiting for me to record so let me get through a couple and I may post one online. One of my good friends who owns a studio here and is a hella drummer in his own right wants this cymbal in a bad way. I keep telling him to be patient....
    Well I’ve played a Paiste 2002, a Zildjian Ping and my RBDR and none of them even came close to the Sabian. The unlathed bell OWNS.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Comrade Tim

Well I’ve played a Paiste 2002, a Zildjian Ping and my RBDR and none of them even came close to the Sabian. The unlathed bell OWNS.
    That's one of the things I *love* about being a musician - it's a personal experience....a sound or tone I may not like, someone else may love, and vice versa....everyone has their own sound and style and that's what keeps music real....

Kit Pix

4. life start at 125bpm

true!! the bell on the ping ride is too bold ,and the paiste bell is meh with not much tone and volume. i fell on the HHrbdr after a LOT of instore research ; it clicked immediately .nothing comes close (to my ears; while they're no squirel sized ears lol)
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    true!! the bell on the ping ride is too bold ,and the paiste bell is meh with not much tone and volume. i fell on the HHrbdr after a LOT of instore research ; it clicked immediately .nothing comes close (to my ears; while they're no squirel sized ears lol)
    I have no memory of the Ping’s bell. I DO remember that it was a giant, washy mess. They have some cajones calling it a “ping” ride. It does no such thing. They should call it a “BWWWWUUUUSSHHHH!!!! Ride”.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Comrade Tim

Here's a bit of fun and an unintentional "feature" of the new kit config:

Kit Pix

7. The Hardware Guy

Well, I love my K Custom ride.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

8. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Well, I love my K Custom ride.
    Exactly....! I have a 20" K Custom ride that I got for insanely cheap that I no longer use....that I like the sound of and may be useful for some recordings....but as my main ride never....it's all about individual tastes....(The snare on St. Anger comes to mind...Lars actually had to listen to that and say to everyone "I like it")

Kit Pix

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Exactly....! I have a 20" K Custom ride that I got for insanely cheap that I no longer use....that I like the sound of and may be useful for some recordings....but as my main ride never....it's all about individual tastes....(The snare on St. Anger comes to mind...Lars actually had to listen to that and say to everyone "I like it")
    I am sure cocaine was involved. Lar$ liked his toots. Or perhaps he was paying more attention to buying and selling high-end art than quality drum sounds/songs.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Comrade Tim

I am sure cocaine was involved. Lar$ liked his toots. Or perhaps he was paying more attention to buying and selling high-end art than quality drum sounds/songs.
    Well he *did* make the choice....but you get my point... Tonight I'm going to finish mic'ing up and working out the groove to the first of the songs I need to track....mostly there already because the song was actually written about 25 years ago.....but still as powerful today as it was then....only with better me behind it because I have gotten a tad better in that time frame.... :-p

Kit Pix

11. Drumming Since 1943

Emphasis on “tad”. LOL
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Comrade Tim

Emphasis on “tad”. LOL
    Pretty much.... :P

Kit Pix