Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. Drummer since 1963

How do they sound?

2. It's all about me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gerber View Post
    How do they sound?
    Right now? So-so. Stock heads still on, and not tuned at all.

Setup was first. Now with that essentially done, tomorrow the drums all get pulled, stock heads removed, everything tightened up, new Aquarian heads put on (both batter and reso), Shu's installed in the kicks, and new kick reso's put on and tuned all around.

Once that's done I'll put the drumshield back up and then do some video/audio stuff.
    Last edited by Jonah Hex; 01-18-2019 at 02:44 AM.

Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I LOATHE rack/stand hybrids. To me, it’s one or the other.
    You'll hate my setup then!
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

4. It's all about me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgit View Post
    You'll hate my setup then!
    I’ll probably do a hybrid setup for my gigging kit if I ever gig again.

Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    I’ll probably do a hybrid setup for my gigging kit if I ever gig again.
    ???

I thought you were pretty much semi-pro?
    Way Too Much Crap

6. It's all about me...

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    ???

I thought you were pretty much semi-pro?
    I am just not actively in a gigging band right now. Couple projects in the works. One cover one original. Life just kinda got in the way and my day job has been insane. 2019 is gonna be the year tho.

7. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    There was a user around here called Uncle Charlie, who had managed to fit two 26” Yamaha kicks into the same icon setup as majyk, have to dig up that thread.

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...oms&highlight=

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

8. Registered User

Thanks, Jonah! (and everyone else too)

I just ordered some ICON stuff for my MCT. I am getting the shorter straight bars due to less room and smaller set, one kick. Some stuff has to come from Pearl so it will be a few weeks. I'll put pics in MCT thread when I start setting it up.

JY, drumsonsale.com is looking into fully finished hoops in Absinthe Sparkle, thanks for sending me to them. I'll let you know how that turns out.

9. It's all about me...

Quote Originally Posted by IronHeadSlim View Post
    Thanks, Jonah! (and everyone else too)

I just ordered some ICON stuff for my MCT. I am getting the shorter straight bars due to less room and smaller set, one kick. Some stuff has to come from Pearl so it will be a few weeks. I'll put pics in MCT thread when I start setting it up.

JY, drumsonsale.com is looking into fully finished hoops in Absinthe Sparkle, thanks for sending me to them. I'll let you know how that turns out.
    No problem...glad my trial and error is useful! I ended up using the straight bars myself up front and the cut down curved bars on the sides to keep my footprint to the carpet they sit on - and it worked out quite well...(barely!) I'm happy....

Once I get them reskinned tonight and set back up I'll break out the real camera and take something other than cell phon pix....

10. It's all about me...

Last of the hardware bits came in this morning ....I'm not a fan of clamping stuff to my kick rims so I was faced with the option of really offset hi-hat pedals or another RH2050. Then I saw the kit Jason Bittner used filming Overkills latest video and immediately picked up another PCX200 and a UX80....this setup is rock solid....hat stand doesn't move...

Name:  Image-1.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  90.9 KB

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    No problem...glad my trial and error is useful! I ended up using the straight bars myself up front and the cut down curved bars on the sides to keep my footprint to the carpet they sit on - and it worked out quite well...(barely!) I'm happy....

Once I get them reskinned tonight and set back up I'll break out the real camera and take something other than cell phon pix....
    Um... he was thanking me. Lol
    Way Too Much Crap

12. It's all about me...

First line of his post...first two words.