Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Comrade Tim

Too many to quote so I’ll just respond to all above with one post....’cause I’m lazy.

I’m going to go back to an offset front with a single leg but using the straight bars vs the curved up front. The way my kicks are positioned prohibits two center legs and one is plenty.

JY - you’d be surprised at how much weight that configuration holds but I’m not a fan either. Doesn’t really make me nervous but I’m not digging it.

It was something to try tho. Since two kicks is different for me experimentation is necessary.
    Last edited by Jonah Hex; 01-17-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Too many to quote so I’ll just respond to all above with one post....’cause I’m lazy.

I’m going to go back to an offset front with a single leg but using the straight bars vs the curved up front. The way my kicks are positioned prohibits two center legs and one is plenty.

JY - you’d be surprised at how much weight that configuration holds but I’m not a fan either. Doesn’t really make me nervous but I’m not digging it.

It was omething to try tho. Since two kicks is different for me experimentation is necessary.
    That's cool. Experimentation is needed in life. Been telling my wife that for 30 years... lol
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    That's cool. Experimentation is needed in life. Been telling my wife that for 30 years... lol
    Lol. Hear that....

Kit Pix

4. Comrade Tim

Also a note - I'm not overly happy with the placement of the concert toms so debating moving those over to the left just above the M80 side snare - which leads me back to how I had things set up on that side a long time ago.

That'll leave the XP pads and I think I know how I'm going to position those....we'll see if I have the hardware to do it or have to spend more money.
    Last edited by Jonah Hex; 01-17-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Kit Pix

5. Drumming Since 1943

Honestly, the concert toms look goofy mounted all the way up there. I know your first concern is playability, but aesthetics DO count. You play a lot of shows and those drums look like they'd cover up that pretty mug of yours... lol
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Drummer since 1963

That kit is great! Congrats.

7. No Drum on Shabbas!!

If you don't move those concert toms, we are going to have problems.

DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED

8. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Honestly, the concert toms look goofy mounted all the way up there. I know your first concern is playability, but aesthetics DO count. You play a lot of shows and those drums look like they'd cover up that pretty mug of yours... lol
    Hah! This is a kit that won't be gigged - keeping the visions for that purpose....and I do my best to hide my face - I'm too self conscious....

Kit Pix

9. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Big King View Post
    If you don't move those concert toms, we are going to have problems.
    ^ I actually agree with you....they're very playable where they are but it's too much up front.... Plus odds are they're going to be used with the stuff I have on my left more than anything else, so makes sense to have them there vs in my face....

Kit Pix

10. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gerber View Post
    That kit is great! Congrats.
    Thanks man! I agree!

Kit Pix

11. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty808 View Post
    Labels might help...
    When people do the RJ-100 and DR-100L/R set up, they usually just omit that front centre leg. I've not seen anyone say it's needed for stability, despite reports that the end clamps aren't up to the task (I've not seen anyone report or post that one has broken or the rack has collapsed when set up like this)

IMO, it's probably the cleanest way to set up an ICON if you want that "level" front bar look without the RJ-50 twin-front-leg setup going on. Not sure it'd work for me as I prefer my kicks further apart than that, but it would work in Jonah's case.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

12. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    When people do the RJ-100 and DR-100L/R set up, they usually just omit that front centre leg. I've not seen anyone say it's needed for stability, despite reports that the end clamps aren't up to the task (I've not seen anyone report or post that one has broken or the rack has collapsed when set up like this)

IMO, it's probably the cleanest way to set up an ICON if you want that "level" front bar look without the RJ-50 twin-front-leg setup going on. Not sure it'd work for me as I prefer my kicks further apart than that, but it would work in Jonah's case.

That actually gives me something else to try tonight - I just assumed a single bar across the front wouldn't be sufficient to cover it but I may try it out before I go back to the single leg w/straight bars up front....thanks man!

Kit Pix