Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    i've been to three national races this summer in preparation for the MGP.that say all. it holds just fine. altough i will have to get the exact same surgery than yours later this winter . matter of a 30 minutes affair to address some light residual pain. no biggie.
    I did 176mi yesterday into upstate NY. Back feels fine! Good luck in a few months. You got this.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Comrade Tim

You guys and your non-drum talk.... :P j/k at least the thread stays alive... ;-)

Will finally get around to working on things tonight. I've had a cold that has kept me from getting things done. I was sorely tempted to rip out the entire audio system in the Shop last night so I could have room to spread out (haha) but that's an entirely different project and one that will probably wait until framing/dry walling work starts.

So tonight I'm gonna break the rest of the kit down and focus solely on the rack design and then tweak it based on how I set up my core kit....still thinking I'm gonna switch the 22/20 around as well....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

3. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    You guys and your non-drum talk.... :P j/k at least the thread stays alive... ;-)

Will finally get around to working on things tonight. I've had a cold that has kept me from getting things done. I was sorely tempted to rip out the entire audio system in the Shop last night so I could have room to spread out (haha) but that's an entirely different project and one that will probably wait until framing/dry walling work starts.

So tonight I'm gonna break the rest of the kit down and focus solely on the rack design and then tweak it based on how I set up my core kit....still thinking I'm gonna switch the 22/20 around as well....
    When you say “switch” you of course mean that you’re going to have two equally-sized kicks, right?

Right?
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    When you say “switch” you of course mean that you’re going to have two equally-sized kicks, right?

Right?
    Negative ghost rider.....

Kit Pix

5. Comrade Tim

Zomg!

Complete tear down....reasons are two fold - redoing rack and redoing some of the wiring in the shop (audio and network)

Name:  IMG_4780.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  120.4 KB

Kit Pix

6. Comrade Tim

BTW JY - theres a plastic cup and a piece of paper there that I've been using to save the spiders. You're welcome.

Kit Pix

7. Comrade Tim

Ok - so after much fuss and ado....here is the rework....some if may look the same, and for the most part, the *core* kit is...pix are cell, because, well, lazy....

One of my favorite things is I can turn my throne more easily and use the entire left side of the kit open handed and lay down some stupidly funky grooves with the small snare and two 10" Timbali style drums.

This is sooooo much more a comfortable setup and plays out so easy it's unbelievable.....so I think I've finally hit my personal nirvana when it comes to configurations. Only took 4 decades to get here....

Name:  IMG_4805.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  124.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4800.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4801.jpg
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  IMG_4802.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  94.7 KB

Kit Pix

8. Comrade Tim

Name:  IMG_4803.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4804.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  105.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4806.jpg
Size:  106.9 KB

Kit Pix

9. Comrade Tim

As a note on the timbali/concert toms, those were originally built to hold Pearl Tru-Trac heads and while they worked great, I had a lot of compatiblity issues with the Tru-Trac heads and my Yamaha module. So I decided to do what you see now....the only down tic was that they didn't have bearing edges at all, they were squared off and farking impossible to tune with any accuracy.

Until today that is....they now have fully rounded bearing edges, are tuned and sound perfect....

Name:  ccrttimb.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  57.6 KB
    Last edited by Jonah Hex; 08-25-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Kit Pix

10. Registered User

Looking great Jonah! Got a question...what type of ride are you playing?

11. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Looking great Jonah! Got a question...what type of ride are you playing?
    Thanks! That is actually a 22" Soultone Custom Brilliant ride....because I had a falling out with them and their "endorsee program" I went back to Zildjian. The *problem* I have right now is I can't find a Zildjian ride that I like the tone of enough to replace the Soultone with. It's *that* good. So for now I've scrubbed the logos off and called it a day.

Kit Pix

12. Comrade Tim

Still have some work to do locking everything down, getting the mics put back on and reconnected to the board and then getting the shop back in order but *****'s about to get....unreal...in there....

Kit Pix