Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Thanks! That is actually a 22" Soultone Custom Brilliant ride....because I had a falling out with them and their "endorsee program" I went back to Zildjian. The *problem* I have right now is I can't find a Zildjian ride that I like the tone of enough to replace the Soultone with. It's *that* good. So for now I've scrubbed the logos off and called it a day.
    Got it. Thanks for the reply! I'm eyeing a 21" Sabian HHX Groove Ride. I'm always searching for that perfect ride cymbal.

2. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Got it. Thanks for the reply! I'm eyeing a 21" Sabian HHX Groove Ride. I'm always searching for that perfect ride cymbal.
    Yeah...that's why I'm not rushing to replace the one I have - the tone is money from the bell out....

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

3. Drumming Since 1943

Cough**SABIANHHRAWBELLDRYRIDE**cough
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Cough**SABIANHHRAWBELLDRYRIDE**cough
    Never been a fan actually - I've tried several.....just have never seen the allure....it's a great sounding ride don't get me wrong, just not the sound I want.

I had a vintage '70s 22" Zildjian ride back in the 80's up thru 2003 or so - I regret every day selling that ride - the Soultone is as close to that as I've ever come - and I've actually had people ask me if I wanted to sell it....

Kit Pix

5. Drumming Since 1943

Never been a fan actually - I've tried several.....just have never seen the allure....it's a great sounding ride don't get me wrong, just not the sound I want.

I had a vintage '70s 22" Zildjian ride back in the 80's up thru 2003 or so - I regret every day selling that ride - the Soultone is as close to that as I've ever come - and I've actually had people ask me if I wanted to sell it....
    I’m super curious as to what you like in yours and don’t like in mine.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Comrade Tim

I’m super curious as to what you like in yours and don’t like in mine.
    Bell has to be able to be subtle and earth shatteringly loud and *bright* in either direction.....I like the bow to be a little on the bright side as well. The HH delivers it's name - the sound (at least on the ones I've tried) is indeed drier than I like....plus, I'm a giant fan of 22" rides....the HH goes to 21 and not beyond....

The 22" HH Rock Ride is *close* but not close enough.

I'm actually not a fan of mixing brands either unless the cymbal is tonally a work of art....thus another reason for the logo scrape... :P

Kit Pix

7. Drumming Since 1943

Bell has to be able to be subtle and earth shatteringly loud and *bright* in either direction.....I like the bow to be a little on the bright side as well. The HH delivers it's name - the sound (at least on the ones I've tried) is indeed drier than I like....plus, I'm a giant fan of 22" rides....the HH goes to 21 and not beyond....

I'm actually not a fan of mixing brands either unless the cymbal is tonally a work of art....thus another reason for the logo scrape... :P
    Says the guy who plays Soultone and zildjian.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. NO KIT TOO BIG

You have to try a 22" paragon if you haven't already, absolute beast of a ride cymbal.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    You have to try a 22" paragon if you haven't already, absolute beast of a ride cymbal.
    Huge Peart fan but I haven’t been a fan of many of the Paragon’s I’ve tried.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Comrade Tim

Says the guy who plays Soultone and zildjian.
    That’s why I scraped the logo...I don’t like mixing but until I find a Z with the sound I want I’m not going to dump an excellent ride for the sake of brand parity. When I find it I’ll replace it and I *am* actively looking for its replacement.

Kit Pix

11. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post

It is, I’ve played one...just not quite what I have. Out of all the soultones Inonce owned and all the rides I’ve ever owned this is the only one that comes close to that vintage zildjian I had....

Kit Pix

12. Drumming Since 1943

It is, I’ve played one...just not quite what I have. Out of all the soultones Inonce owned and all the rides I’ve ever owned this is the only one that comes close to that vintage zildjian I had....
    I wish i could make my way to “Russian Annex, North America” and find out what makes this ride so special.
    Way Too Much Crap