Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Drum Sticks

1. Registered User

Default Drum Sticks

Does anybody use the Promark Firegrain and/or the Activegrip range and think it would be great if they combined the 2 together?

Joe

2. Registered User

I'm using the Promark 5b Rebound firegrain, on the advice of Rob Brown (Youtube), previously was using the Gavin Harrison signature sticks that come with either a plasticky covering (earlier version, lighter blue) or layer (later version, darker blue). I do like the GH sticks which have an activegrip type feature, but I have to say I'm currently sticking with the 5B Rebound firegrain and don't miss not having "sticky" sticks.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare

3. Registered User

I just recently switched from 5B Vic Firth Titans to the 5B Firegrain sticks. I really like them, but they definitely get slicker than the Titans. It'd be cool if they had some kind of grip on them. In the meantime, I think I'll try sanding the finish off the grip area a bit.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

4. Registered User

I wish they offered every stick with Active grip. I won't buy a stick without it now.

5. Registered User

Agreed, I've had the option from promark to order custom sticks, just waiting for them to get back to me with the design I asked for firegrain classic 5B with the bottom half in the activegrip coating.

6. Registered User

I probably would like that as sticks fly out of my hand for apparently no reason, ha, ha! Do they leave any residue or stickiness on your hands when you're done playing?

7. Registered User

Absolutely none whatsoever

8. Registered User

I think I might become a believer. I use various VF & Promark with just the regular finish and really didn't want to go to gloves as the touch would be different.

Thanks!