Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Multiple kits, do I sell one???????

So, a question for everyone. Is it good to have multiple kits for different situations, like small clubs and or larger places.
    I have a Rogers Fullerton that I will never part with. 6pc Vision VSX with a 20 kick and a Starclassic Birch with a 22 kick. Usually only gig with a 4pc and the only difference is the kick size. One is a 22x18 and the other is 20x18 I bought the one with the smaller kick to be more compact but itís not that much seeing the depth is the same. Not really saving much space for easy transport and with it being the older Visions the kick and floors are thicker and heavier than the Starclassics. I guess I could just use a 22, 10, 14 instead of a 22, 12, 16 and just have the main kit and be versatile for smaller places. Well, I guess I answered my own question but I would still like to hear your thoughts.

2. Registered User

phx-az since 1978. The best sunsets occur during the monsoon season June-Sept.

I’ve had as many as 5 kits. I have 4 now. Having some choices for different situations is nice. If you have room for extra kits then go for it. A warning to you would be how addicting buying more and more gear is. Enjoy with caution
    "Now just a minute. This is a press conference. The last thing I want to do is answer a lot of questions."

United States Army General Maynard M. Mitchell
    Press briefing. Korea 1950

3. Drum Ninja

I'd say if you're playing them, there are never too many kits. I use 4-5 different kits every week but that's not exactly "normal".
    RBH Monarch Drums in Merlot Sparkle
    RBH Westwood Drums in Green Sparkle

4. It's all about me...

I have six kits at the moment... Four acoustic and two electronic. Trying to halve that. Selling one acoustic ('03 sessions) and the small e-kit and giving my middle son the Slingerlands I restored. Getting older time to pare it down. :-)

Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

5. Demon Speeding

I have 4 kits right now, but, only because I play with 4 bands and don't have the time or desire to haul gear between various rehearsal spaces.

6. Registered User

Since you've already realized that the kits essentially take up the same footprint on stage, why not tune/muffle one for use in lower volume settings and one for normal volume settings?

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Since you've already realized that the kits essentially take up the same footprint on stage, why not tune/muffle one for use in lower volume settings and one for normal volume settings?
    Very good idea, I hate to say this buy I wish I would thought about that.

8. Registered User

I have several kits. I like having different configurations to play around with.

Whenever I decide to sell one of them, I usually end up buying something else anyway.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

9. Registered User

If you can play them all, then have as many as you like. You only live once.

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    If you can play them all, then have as many as you like. You only live once.

i hope to have a set up like that when the wife and I build our retirement house someday. However, all of my kits are much smaller.
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    i hope to have a set up like that when the wife and I build our retirement house someday. However, all of my kits are much smaller.
    Best thing I ever did was fix the barn up. Smaller kits means you can get more in.

12. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

I only have one kit, but if I was gigging regularly I could see myself having up to three kits: home kit, rehearsal space kit, and gigging kit. Maybe a second home kit in a different configuration if I was feeling truly exquisite.