Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Skeld-the -wicked

Default Phosphor Bronze FF Debut

Last nite I used my new FF at a B Side show and it just blew me away! This Snare is incredible. I would recommend it to any drummer to at least give it a test drive if given the opportunity. Sorry no sound clips you’ll just have to take my word for it. I know I will never have to mic this beast in a club.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

2. Now With More "Whiz"

So is that microphone hovering over it in the first pic purely for show? Would love to hear it if you ever get a chance to grab a few sound clips.

Oh, and those snow people still creep me out...

3. Skeld-the -wicked

No , that’s in my drum room and it sounds awesome either way. The Drum Center of Portsmouth has a video demo of this snare. We’re you traumatized by snowmen in your childhood? I have always been freaked out by clowns and alcoholic Santa’s. I’m a Ludite when it comes to posting clips. I do plan to get a crystal beat Shell in the future or maybe a Shell with snowmen festooned or all over it. Lol.
    Last edited by skeld-the-wicked; 01-06-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

4. Now With More "Whiz"

Checked out the DCP site, and also found some clips on Pearl's site: https://pearldrum.com/products/snare...osphor-bronze/

Might have to look into whether I can buy just a shell, as I already have several FF "baskets".

Oh, and as far as snow people, just watch your back...
    (don't waste 20 min of your life watching the entire thing): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e6rIQXzpLk

5. A Passion Play ...

Great snare Paul. I hope you hang onto it.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

6. Chomp, Chomp

Beautiful snare Paul. If I see that on eBay I a few months I’m going to have to come up to the tundra and slap you silly.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

7. Skeld-the -wicked

Ha ha that’s funny Marv ! I should be slapped if that happens and my wife would be first believe me. The same should hold true about the Tama Spruce Kit it’s a beauty. Eric, not to worry .
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

8. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by skeld-the-wicked View Post
    Ha ha that’s funny Marv ! I should be slapped if that happens and my wife would be first believe me. The same should hold true about the Tama Spruce Kit it’s a beauty. Eric, not to worry .
    You do know how lucky we are that our wives tolerate our obsession. It’s not like we’re collecting stamps. Drums take up a lot of room, certainly aren’t the quietest of instruments, and some wives would view our drums as clutter. My wife actually conspired with Matt to order the Fat Spruce. I’m still amazed. You won’t be seeing the Fat Spruce on eBay anytime soon and the K’s are keepers. I had reservations about buying the K’s online after only hearing sound clips online. The nice thing about Paistes is the sound you hear on their sound samples is pretty much the sound you get. As you know the same doesn’t hold true for Zildjian, but i lucked out because I’m really pleased with all of them.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

9. Skeld-the -wicked

Yes Marv, we are lucky in fact my wife came to the show last nite and she commented how great the snare sounded. Agreed on the Zildjian K ‘s.
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

10. Registered User

I dig it. Great to have your feedback on the drum too. I haven't played one in person but I don't doubt it's pretty amazing.
    Pearl/Dixon/Paiste/LP/Remo/Pro-Mark 5ABN

11. Skeld-the -wicked

Thx Matt, your Dunnett Snare is beautiful !
    Pearl Drums
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks