Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    Old Dog,

I know what you mean. I always keep mine covered when I'm not playing them.
    Yes, definitely. Suckers look like Lebron attacked them with talc I wipe them down daily.

2. Registered User

Same problems here too.

3. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by Gpt View Post
    Same problems here too.
    Glenn - If you purchased NIB from an authorized Pearl dealer and do not reside in the U.S., please contact your Pearl authorized dealer POP (point of purchase) and they should look into it for you.

KISS uses Gibson guitars and Pearl drums because they want the Best!

4. life start at 125bpm

my head is spinning about this ''problem'''.is it a chemical reaction resulting into the daily ''creation''' of dust on the surface of the drum ,or is it a simple static phenom,like the dust in the air sticking to the finish via static power?

the sealer used to protect the paint add a outer layer resembling plastic, which is static conductor.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

5. Registered User

I'm really not sure what the deal was with this film/haze and how it was developing on my Ref. Pure, but Al and Pearl took care of me and fixed the issue. In any case I now have a Music City Custom kit in white marine Pearl and it's beautiful.

6. Registered User

So I mentioned above, my ddrum kit was having a dust/film problem since purchasing in December. After posting above, I started doing some searching--purchased this stuff https://www.amazon.com/Music-Nomad-M...gateway&sr=8-2

My snare drum has been sitting, uncovered, near a heat register, not a lick of dust since buying this cleaner/polish.

I don't think we have the same problem. And I've not owned my kit for near as long as you've owned the one in question. But, at $10, I'd give it a try. Won't hurt. Good luck