Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

That gold badge really takes away from the kit.

2. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    That link is no good.
    Try this one. He just added an extra https://

https://www.thomann.de/gb/pearl_mast..._over_tamo.htm

3. Now With More "Whiz"

Why do they "ghost out" the tom arms (and the other stands/hardware on other kits)? Is that because they are not included in the package, or because they think it makes the image of the kit look better? Maybe I'm just overly cynical, but to me, it makes it look like they are trying to hide something.

4. Drumming Since 1943

It's simply to show that those particular parts aren't available.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. I like to play...

Thanks Tasty, I didn't realise the link bar already added 'http:' for me. D'oh!

Yeah they grey them out because you have to buy them separately. It bums me out a little TBH; you'd think if you're dropping the best part of £3-5k on a kit they'd chuck some tom arms in...
    2006 Masterworks in Tamo Ash - 8"x6"/10"x8"/12"x9"/14"x12"/16"x14"/20"x18" BD/18"x16" BD/13"x"6 sn

2017 Decade Maple in Slate Galaxy Flake 10"x7"/12"x8"/14"x14"/20"x16" BD

2001 SRX in Carbon Mist - 10"x8"/12"x9"/14"x12"/20x18" BD

6. Registered User

No worries with adding a tom mount.

They seem to work well for Simon Phillips.
    up yours

Pearl Session Studio Classic 22/13/16 - Pearl Power Piccolo Brass 13x5.5 - Bosphorus - Roland TD-12

7. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by Triggagnomic View Post
    Yeah, can't do that really, 'coz both the floors are actually on an Opti, so it'd have to be at least two sided, and I also play with an aux snare and splashes, so it'd have to be three sided. It's a lot of weight and bulk to put in an already packed van for gigs...
    try wings
    consult of the diy guys here on the forum, i recently saw a dr 503 with wings on here somewhere ..

....... found it !
    https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...ck++with+wings

8. life start at 125bpm

Satin FTW!
    yep.if it was possible i'd change all my chrome stands in favor of satin finished ones.i guess refinishing'em in satin would be cost prohibitive.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    yep.if it was possible i'd change all my chrome stands in favor of satin finished ones.i guess refinishing'em in satin would be cost prohibitive.
    I’ve thought about it and yeah, it would. Each piece would have to be disassembled and all plastic/rubber parts removed as they’d never survive the heating process.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. th droids yerlookn4

I’ve thought about it and yeah, it would. Each piece would have to be disassembled and all plastic/rubber parts removed as they’d never survive the heating process.
    oh yeah its intensive , but it can be done .
    you wanna use a company thats done parts such as telescoping stands before . they havta factor in how thick the coating is , in some cases there's only like a 1 mm tolerance
    it just , well how much do you wanna pay lol. most people just stick with chrome after the estimate .lol

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    oh yeah its intensive , but it can be done .
    you wanna use a company thats done parts such as telescoping stands before . they havta factor in how thick the coating is , in some cases there's only like a 1 mm tolerance
    it just , well how much do you wanna pay lol. most people just stick with chrome after the estimate .lol
    You also have to find someone who can match pearl’s Satin process- and that’s apparently an industry secret and NOT easy to replicate. I had my local powdercoater do a set of 6” hoops for my Rocket Toms (and I even gave him a Masters satin lug to go from and the result was... disappointing to put it mildly.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. No Drum on Shabbas!!

The BB3 IS an aesthetic sacrilege. Slapping it on a MW is why we can’t have nice things.
    That line of thinking is why we can't have nice things. Drumming is about what works best for someone and if their needs require a BB-3 then that is cool with me. A BB-3 isn't going to alter the sound of any drum enough to make a noticeable difference.

DESPERATELY SEEKING A MHX BASS DRUM WITH A BB-3 TOM MOUNT IN WINE RED