Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Jeff Porcaro avatars only!

Default Very long floor tom legs? (Longer than 27")

Hi guys.
    Haven't posted here in ages. Can't believe my account still works - thanks for not deleting me
    I have a question - I recently started playing using a very tall chair (It's called a Salli chair for anyone interested: https://salli.com/en/)
    It looks weird as hell, but it has done wonders for my back and posture. Anyways, now that I sit up very high I can't get my floor tom high enough. It's not even enough with the extra long Pearl floor tom legs (the 27" ones). I would require something like 30"+ floor tom legs.
    Do such things even exist? Or could I get them custom ordered somewhere?
    I could alternatively buy a RIMS mount for the floor tom and hang it from a stand, but a hanging 16" x 16" could easily become a pain in the ***.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

All the best,
    Z

2. Registered User

That chair looks like it would pull my cheeks apart while I'm playing.
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

3. The Sensitone Guy

If I were in your shoes, I'd buy an extra floor tom leg of the same size you currently use and have it cut up in 8" pieces and professionally welded to yoir current legs.

4. Registered User

I was using a FT as part of a drum solo where I went out front with the guitar players. They hated it but the crowds thought it was great. Anyway...I just went to a hardware store and bought some metal rods the correct diameter and cut them down to length. They're also fairly easy to bend using a table clamp or trailer hitch if you want the legs to flare out for more stability. $20.00 tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlee View Post
    Hi guys.
    Haven't posted here in ages. Can't believe my account still works - thanks for not deleting me
    I have a question - I recently started playing using a very tall chair (It's called a Salli chair for anyone interested: https://salli.com/en/)
    It looks weird as hell, but it has done wonders for my back and posture. Anyways, now that I sit up very high I can't get my floor tom high enough. It's not even enough with the extra long Pearl floor tom legs (the 27" ones). I would require something like 30"+ floor tom legs.
    I could alternatively buy a RIMS mount for the floor tom and hang it from a stand, but a hanging 16" x 16" could easily become a pain in the ***.

All the best,
    Z

5. th droids yerlookn4

Hi guys.

All the best,
    Z
    well,
    i'd call dw drums ...
    dw has made some really shallow floor toms in the past. also some of those stack able **** tail kit have really long floor like parts i'd have a look at the those

6. th droids yerlookn4

seriously? ...lol
    the machine censored cocktail ...lol

also you could do the igor cavalara thing , and use two optimounts to suspend your floortom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. Registered User

Hi guys.
    It's not even enough with the extra long Pearl floor tom legs (the 27" ones). I would require something like 30"+ floor tom legs.

All the best,
    Z
    Zorlee,

It's unlikely that you would find floor tom legs any longer than 27" or anyone who would be able to manufacture them (custom).

The simplest option would be to purchase something like the DSS Floor Tom Suspension system and use it with the longer floor tom legs. This would give you an extra 5-6" of height since the cradle puts the mounting brackets at the bottom of the floor tom. It is also very sturdy.

https://drumsonsale.com/dss-floor-to...SABEgI8d_D_BwE
    2018 Masterworks / ES Comet Sparkle

18x20 KD, 14x16 FT, 12x14 FT, 10x12 TT, 8x10 TT, 5x13 SD

2017 Masterworks Cocktail Kit / ES Comet Sparkle

16x16 KD (verticle), 4x10 SD, 6x8 TT, 5x12 TT

8. Now With More "Whiz"

Hi guys.

All the best,
    Z
    Being somewhat sarcastic here, but you COULD always go buy a piece of 4"x4"x(whatever length you can get/need) lumber, cut 3 blocks, bore a shallow hole in the top of each block (just larger than the FT foot), and then coat the blocks with some sort of non-skid paint. It'd at least be a cheap, temporary fix.

Aside from suspending it with an optimount or RIMS, if you cannot find appropriate length legs, I guess you could try to find a metal shop near you and have them fabricate some, but that might get expensive.

Let us know what you come up with.

9. Registered User

Am I the only one who really just wants to see a video of someone playing this really tall drum set, while sitting on that wacky taint cradle?
    Want to Trade: My Mapex Orion 22x20 bass drum shell in Wine Burl Burst (8.5-9/10) for your 22x16 of the same

10. Registered User

I don't think they could get away with that wording here in the states. They'd be eaten alive.

Name:  Screenshot_20190104-125612__01.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  41.7 KB

11. Registered User

Haha, I believe in New York there are 29 official genders. Complete madness.
    Pearl Prestige Session Select SRX 1998 in black mist
    8-10-12-14-16F-18F-20BD 14x6.5" Masters Custom Maple Snare