Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Questions about early 80s Export

I've had this kit for a while, and I'm convinced it is probably a 1982-3 Pearl Export set. However, recently I had a question. For any of you with a similar vintage set, mine has internal drum dampers on it, did the Exports come with that? Just wondering if these were stock or if someone added these later. Thanks.

Name:  4xOR7C4.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  265.5 KB
    Name:  C3nJcJL.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  27.6 KB

2. Registered User

post a picture of the inside of one of the shells somebody can confirm what they really are , The Bass drum spurs were different than the upper end Maple Shells, I will look I had 84' that did not have dampeners
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM

3. Rockin' the Cosmos..

from what I can see and if the interior has acoustic coat sealer inside, then it is a 82 Export in silver flash .. and yes they had mufflers

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BadAstronaut View Post
    from what I can see and if the interior has acoustic coat sealer inside, then it is a 82 Export in silver flash .. and yes they had mufflers
    Yes it does have the acoustic coat sealer. Okay so it was what I was thinking (82 export) I just didn't see the mufflers on the pictures or even mentioned in any of the 80s Export catalogs I saw so I wanted to double check. If I'm correct it is an 82 because it has the rotating spurs instead of the hideaway type, and it has an 10 lug bass instead of 8. That combined with the acoustic coat sealer, I think all those coming together only happened in 82 right?

5. Rockin' the Cosmos..

Quote Originally Posted by BertTheDrummer View Post
    Yes it does have the acoustic coat sealer. Okay so it was what I was thinking (82 export) I just didn't see the mufflers on the pictures or even mentioned in any of the 80s Export catalogs I saw so I wanted to double check. If I'm correct it is an 82 because it has the rotating spurs instead of the hideaway type, and it has an 10 lug bass instead of 8. That combined with the acoustic coat sealer, I think all those coming together only happened in 82 right?
    and because silver flash was offered in 82 and not available again till 85 .. this kit has the early export badges .. the later 80's ones were dumbed down versions of this badge

6. Pearl Corporation USA

Looks like Silver Flash although the bass drum hoops do not appear to be original.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

KISS uses Gibson guitars and Pearl drums because they want the Best!

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Looks like Silver Flash although the bass drum hoops do not appear to be original.
    Yes, it came with those metal hoops like in the picture. I changed the metal bass drum hoops out for some wood ones. The original metal hoops were pretty gnarly when I got the kit.